Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weird Phobias?

Originally posted by RacerX:
    I entered a "Mr. Muscle" contest at my gym once, wearing only speedos (I won $100)...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There you have it now, ladies and gentlemen... this is my newest phobia, big dudes in speedos! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Spiders, snakes, heights, claustrophobia.
      I can still act to kill or remove the spider as appropriate (poisonous ones always die) but with snakes there's no removal option, it's death by machete or my $15 Pakistani sword.

Interestingly, I stood at the rim of the Grand Canyon and my fear of heights wasn't triggered. Maybe it's that the size is so great that it doesn't seem real, or that it's a "depth" not a height to me. I'm still scared in planes though
      and the tsunami thing also worries me after seeing the Discovery special where the big island of Hawaii is gonna crack off and slide undersea, sending a mile-high tsunami to wash away L.A.! That is really going to happen, sometime between today and a hundred thousand years from now. Of course we have islands in the Caribbean and Atlantic ready to do the same for the Eastern seaboard and the Gulf Coast, so I didn't escape that by moving! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Sharks are the thing that I fear the most. Have been ever since I saw "Jaws", I was about 7-8 years old at the time. After that, I never have had the guts to swim further than 10 meters from the beach (and I was scared to death the one time I did that), even though there are NO sharks in the cold and dark lakes of Finland. Just seeing pictures of sharks with their huge jaws open and those sharp teeth make me cringe. I'm also very nervous if I'm in a small boat and further than 50 meters from the shore. Silly, yes, I know, but I just can't help it [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by etaeniura:
          And toejam, I grew up in new jersey, and trust me-there are big spiders there. I was fishing once and a saw a huge brown spider that must have been about 4-5 inches long. I have also come across those really fat hairy bodied ones that are only about an inch long, but about the size of a shooter marble.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't doubt there's some big ones here, just I've never seen any too big around where I am.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by patte:
            Sharks are the thing that I fear the most. Have been ever since I saw "Jaws", I was about 7-8 years old at the time. After that, I never have had the guts to swim further than 10 meters from the beach (and I was scared to death the one time I did that), even though there are NO sharks in the cold and dark lakes of Finland. Just seeing pictures of sharks with their huge jaws open and those sharp teeth make me cringe. I'm also very nervous if I'm in a small boat and further than 50 meters from the shore. Silly, yes, I know, but I just can't help it [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, you probably have lake monsters similar to the Loch Ness creature in Scotland, so don't feel so bad; that is,
            your fear is probably rational, just for something other than a shark!

I hope that helps! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Dark Water? is that japanese movie? pretty scary one.

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
                Well, you probably have lake monsters similar to the Loch Ness creature in Scotland, so don't feel so bad; that is,
                your fear is probably rational, just for something other than a shark!
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Even though you were probably joking, that's always been a very irrational fear of mine. I'm not kidding.
                Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

I said it tongue-in-cheek, but I'm not really joking. Even though we have subs in the oceans, where we STILL don't know much about what's down deep, most lakes we only see the surface of, and more often during the day than at night.

Hell, I consider alligators to be monsters, and we KNOW we have them in lakes and rivers here in the Deep South.
                  Why wouldn't northern lakes have predators of similar size, but adapted for cold weather? If they hunt at night and have learned to hide from humans, they could survive mostly undetected, except for the occasional sightings that keep the stories alive. If people aren't
                  getting killed by them, a serious search for them is unlikely, as who wants to cart a submarine overland to toss it into a mountain lake in upstate New York?
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Claustrophobia, BUT just if I'm all tie, and lockup ALONE in a very little place.

All insects, big animals, and predators can suck me a frosty, because I shouldn't be close to them.

Comment

Spiders are no problem for me, when i was 9 years old i had 13 black widows in one jam jar, and i fed them till one ate the rest, it was great! I don't like big fish, even tho i live on a lake, there are 7-8 foot sturgeon, which in my mind is pretty friggin close to a shark. They've also been known to attack people

Comment

Spiders for me too..Been terrified since I was a kid..I can't stand those things....

Comment

Working...
                        X