Just saw Bowie...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just saw Bowie...

I mentioned last week that I had won David Bowire tickets off the radio...I just got back from the show and it was damn good. He has an amazing band backing him up (Earl SLick was smokin', and played SRV's part of "Let's Dance" fantastically). His bass player (forget her name) sang Freddie Mercury's part of "Under Pressure" and was great. His drummer is a freaking psycho-I'm surprised his set didn't fall apart the way he was flailing about on it!

Bowie himself was great-don't recall hearing a sour note come out of him. I'm not even a David Bowie fan, but I figured why pass up the chance to see a legend. If he's coming near you, I highly suggest you get some tix!

Re: Just saw Bowie...

I saw him in January freaking amazing I have to say he really is a professional as far as a showman they are just flat out good at what they do. Did he play the uncle floyd song?
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Damn! You were only about 10 minutes away from my home! Should have let me know you were coming to town.... [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave->
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

budman, I get the feeling you are stalking me....

Comment

You're the one coming to MY town........ [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Dave->
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

David Bowie has always impresed me.He has always had terrific musicians behind him.I think Ziggy Stardust and the spiders from Mars album is great.It's definitly worth a listen if you haven't heard it.
            Phenominal stage presence and showmanship!

Comment

Outlander you are correct his band is just as tight and professional if not moreso than him. They really know how to feature teh right thing at the right time live good interplay between band members smiles on their faces etc....

Page Hamilton from Helemt was bowies guitarist for a while
              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I saw him many years ago when his guitarists were Carlos Alomar and Peter Frampton. That was kick ass. Bowie is one hell of an entertainer and the band was seriously top notch.
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                X