Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just had a weird dream...(and need some advice, really)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just had a weird dream...(and need some advice, really)

I was taking a nap, and had a dream about non other guy than Steve Vai. In the dream I was attending some kind of ceremony, sitting there watching a big tv screen. On the screen was played a music video from Steve Vai, a covered song from Hanoi Rocks called In The Night. (This song is non-existent though.) He looked absolutely stupid and cheesy in that video, so skinny with spandex and makeup and ass-swinging and all that. But the guitar solo!!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Holy shit, the solo I heard in that song friggin' rawks!!! Basically it's just harmonic minor, some pentatonic and arp played with trem picking, but all of them are done very tastefully in Steve's style. He can make this kind of basic solo really special, as you can hear in the g3 jam of Rocking In The Free World (the song).

Now the shitty thing...upon hearing this solo, I woke up right away and of course grabbed my Jackson, but... no inspiration!!! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] How come I forgot so fucking soon??? [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Really, guys, what do you do when inspiration strikes you like lightning? It's hard for me to transcribed what I come up with in the head to the guitar, let alone this dream-like situation. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: Just had a weird dream...(and need some advice, really)

See what happens when you look at some weird pick up homepage? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Next time think about Jenna! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Miffy rules:
      I had a dream about non other guy than Steve Vai, so skinny with spandex and makeup and ass-swinging and all that.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

J/K, dude! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well, thank god the naked guy on dimarzio's site isn't Yngwie! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Otherwise I'd have a nightmare. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Miffy, Let me exploit your impressionable mind and fuel your future nightmares.

I bring you - The Chubby Shredders.

Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Holy shit, they have the same pose as the fag in Ron's pic!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And who's on the left, you jackson1? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Btw, what's the hell up with you guitar players? I'm telling about a dream about a fantastic guitar solo, and you all focus on the gay side of it! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

so you're saying there IS a gay side to it? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
                Hail yesterday

Comment

the trick to having cool realistic or lucid dreams is to take naps or sleep at times that you usually dont

Comment

Originally posted by stsk:
                    the trick to having cool realistic or lucid dreams is to take naps or sleep at times that you usually dont
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">or heroin
                    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

i bet you some of the lucid dreams i have had were much cooler than any drug you can take

Comment

I had a similar dream where Rhoads was playing a black Les Paul (minus the spandex, I have no idea what he was wearing but he wasn't naked [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] ) The focus was on Ozzy stuff he was playing and it was a lot more elaborate and embellished than what was on record..it was very detailed and real, like I was watching this from another dimension.

Weird how the subconcious works, but I'm sure you will have this guitar stuff replay itself in some way, shape or form in the near future. All you can do is try to work some of it out.

Comment

Have been waiting for an excuse to use this one!!

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Let's get the gays outta the closet! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Dude you really should have left the spandex part out. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] Or at least should have been ready for the torment to begin. [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X