Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whatever happened to these Rock Stars????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatever happened to these Rock Stars????????

Hey I thought this might be fun. I was wondering what happened to a few old 80's rockers and I thought lets start a thread to see if anyone knows if these musicians are still around in the Music biz, move on to other careers, or are they are asking "would you like fries with that sir?" for a living. I will start with a few names I remember. SO feel free to reply AND add your own names you are wondering about. With the vast amount of knowledge on this board this should be educational and entertianing. Here we go:

What ever happened to:

Guy Mann Dude
    Nils Lofgren
    Jan Hammer
    Cain Roberts
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Re: Whatever happened to these Rock Stars????????

I'd heard Guy had worked in the filmaking industry in the late 90s as a "projectionist"... Umm, whatever they do...

Comment

Kane Roberts is a photographer or graphic
      artist, and is supposedly working on another album, per a thread on the Metal Sludge board about a month ago.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

After fame and fortune from the Miami Vice gig, Hammer continues to score film, TV, and video games:

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0006122/bio

Also check his website:

http://www.janhammer.com/
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

An elementary online research trick is to place the name as a domain, ergo:

http://www.kaneroberts.com/krshopping.html

Comment

http://www.nilslofgren.com

Comment

There ya go!

Comment

.....uuhhhh....I guess I feel like an idiot. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I suppose I should have researched those on my own before I put them on the thread. Sorry... WELL lets try again. Someone else can try posting an old 80's rocker name and lets see if anyone knows about them.
                "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by Tonemonster:
                  .....uuhhhh....I guess I feel like an idiot. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I suppose I should have researched those on my own before I put them on the thread.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey, don't worry about it, man. It's all good. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] This is a fun thread, and I had fun researching for it. I never considered Jan Hammer a "rock star", but I always liked the music on Miami Vice. I hadn't heard of Guy Mann Dude in years, but I found a funny thread today where the mere mention of his name at a gig caused hilarity to ensue! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Just heard on the Radio that Steve Whiteman may be reuniting with KIX........(sings "don't close your eyes" in falsetto shower voice).

Comment

Originally posted by etaeniura:
                      Just heard on the Radio that Steve Whiteman may be reuniting with KIX........(sings "don't close your eyes" in falsetto shower voice).
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There's a name I haven't heard in a loooooooong time. The last time I saw KIX was when they opened for David Lee Roth on the Skyscraper tour in Baltimore.

Time to spin some old tunes. They were one kick ass band back in the day - I used to see them at Hammerjacks and Maxims.
                      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Whiteman's band is Funny Money, who do a lot of Kix tunes. I thought Donnie Purnell hated the other guys too much to reunite, but if he calmed down and they did it that'd be cool.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
                          Whiteman's band is Funny Money, who do a lot of Kix tunes. I thought Donnie Purnell hated the other guys too much to reunite, but if he calmed down and they did it that'd be cool.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I thiught the same thing, I must of seen those guys about a 100 times in clubs in NYC. They where always "on"
                          www.kiddhavok.com
                          www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

I work in Hagerstown, MD (their hometown, and FUnny Money's too) and the one guitar stroe down there used to have about a million KIX photos on the wall. I watched the Superbowl with Steve a few years back-he is a friend of a friend of a friend....he really likes beer....alot.....but he looks exactly the same-bleach blond hair, over-tanned....it's kinda funny.

Comment

Originally posted by skidd:
                              I must of seen
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Working...
                              X