What do you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do?

I'm trying to record some 'noise' on my computer, but what bothers me is the noise my EMGs pick up from the monitor. I know I can stand far away from it, but this doesn't seem like a very comfortable recording situation. Anybody have a similar problem? Any ideas how to deal with this?

Re: What do you do?

Damn, dude, you gotta have the suckiest thread titles on the forum! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    What do you do? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

"Need some help" wasn't vague enough for ya? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
        "Need some help" wasn't vague enough for ya? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Fong

Comment

Originally posted by metafaza:
          Any ideas how to deal with this?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Turn off the monitor after you hit "record" maybe?
          I dunno.

Comment

I was trying to get your attention Ron [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] and I guess it worked pretty well.

Turning off the monitor does work, but I was hoping there could be more elegant solution.

If you see a thread "What did you do?", well you know the rest [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

The noise could be coming into your preamp/amp from the ground in the room's electrical circuit. If it's your ground that's the source, a good power conditioner will help.
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

no, it is not that problem, I know it, and it is pretty sucky, what I do is hit record and then step aside, away from the monitor. Another option is, that you buy one of those screen filters, these lower the radiation, that is picked up by the PU's of your guitar and it doesn't matter whether it is a EMG of passive one, all have the same prob.
                the last solution is, get a flatscreen, those have no radiation as far as I know.

harrald

Comment

Turn sideways, or move away from the monitor. I don't see how moving away from it is "not a very comfortable recording situation" [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

He probably wants to record in a sitting position and not have to move away from the monitor and keyboard. Of course you can't always get what you want.

Minimalist thread title: "?" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
                      He probably wants to record in a sitting position and not have to move away from the monitor and keyboard. Of course you can't always get what you want.

Minimalist thread title: "?" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's exactly what I'm aiming at. However, some walking could be good for me. I'm never too lazy to go and grab a beer [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

THE minimalist thread title: '' [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

hey guys
                        what about a wireless keyboard and mouse, to be able to sit away from the monitor?
                        would that be a solution?

Comment

Or just buy a LCD monitor

Comment

EMG's

Comment

What do you do? Same as you do. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] Can anyone guess that old song and band? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X