Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the car audio, or any audio experts... please help

http://www.imprezawrxsti.com/postnuk...ewtopic&t=9796

Insted of posting that all over again, there is the link... I cannot figure out the problem here. [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Re: For the car audio, or any audio experts... please help

what ohm rating are the 4 subs? if it is running 4 subs and overheatig.....my guess would be that your load is drawing more then what your amp can handle.....try disconnecting two of them....and see if that helps. also the way the subs are wired can make a huge difference also.....
    www.myspace.com/adawnwithin

Comment

Is it blowing a fuse? I had a similar problem with a RF Punch150 awhile back,it would work fine for about 20-30 minutes (sometimes longer) then the fuse would blow and my bass was gone. I would replace the internal fuses on the amp and then BAM they would blow again! I was frustrated out of my head until I figured out the problem,inside the sub box (2 RF Punch pro 15's) the vibration was such that the wires would touch each other and short the amp...a quick rewire and all was fine,no more problems.

Comment

Its only running one sub. The other amp runs the 4 speakers in the car. Sorry if that was confusing. I i think the sub is running at 3 ohms, ill recheck, but thats what my friend said. As for the fuse blowing, that hasnt happened. Because it works fine for a while, but then shuts off till it cools down, once it comes back on its only a matter of time before it gets hot enough to shut down again... this is such a pain in the ass...

Comment

Audiobahn isn't exactly high or even mid level stuff IMO.
          If you're right on the sub wiring, it can't be that.
          That amp is rated for 2 ohm mono.
          How loud were you playing your system when this happens?
          If you are clipping the shit out of it, I can see it shutting down.
          I know you can't mount that amp sideways.(Says so right in the owners manual)
          You're kind of vague in the post as to how the amp is mounted.
          Just an idea.

Comment

It dosnt matter how loud i play it, it can be turned down real low and still overheat. As for mounting sideways, it is... but when the seats are folded down so it is laying almost flat on its back it still overheats. If it is almost flat, it shouldnt matter which way it is mounted.

Comment

Working...
            X