Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Say what you will about Soldier Field, but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say what you will about Soldier Field, but....

I think this is worse!!!

This is the plans for the new stadium in Manhattan for the Jets...

<center></center>
    Occupy JCF

Re: Say what you will about Soldier Field, but....

Yeah...hmmm, traffic around here isn't bad enough, let's really fuck it up.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Good thing is that you shouldn't have much of a problem finding parking... if you have a boat...
      Occupy JCF

Comment

i think it's fukkin' great.
        we need football in new york.
        J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Nothing against the Jets, but this a freakin' boondoggle of your taxpayer dollars. (...Well, at least if you live in NYS it is.) Besides, the real motivation for the stadium is to show a potential facility to be used in a bid to have the next Olympics in NYC.

Mark my words: it will be ugly if this thing gets off the ground. (No pun intended. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon:
            Nothing against the Jets, but this a freakin' boondoggle of your taxpayer dollars. (...Well, at least if you live in NYS it is.) Besides, the real motivation for the stadium is to show a potential facility to be used in a bid to have the next Olympics in NYC.

Mark my words: it will be ugly if this thing gets off the ground. (No pun intended. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Are they really planning on using tax dollars for this thing?? When did they stop drug-testing politicians??
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
              Are they really planning on using tax dollars for this thing?? When did they stop drug-testing politicians??
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep. Big time. I forget the exact shares, as the Jets are kicking in some money. Otherwise, the costs will be split by the State and NYC. And this project is also linked to expanding the Javits Convention Center, so it's even bigger $ than that.

As to drug-testing politicians, they never started. That might take away an excuse for when they're caught in hotel rooms banging their 19 year old interns. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't know...I don't think its too bad but I prefer traditional outdoor/non-dome football stadiums, or at least new ones that look like old ones [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I think they are wanting it built not only for the Jsts but to better their chances of the 2012 Olympics.
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz:
                  I don't know...I don't think its too bad but I prefer traditional outdoor/non-dome football stadiums, or at least new ones that look like old ones [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I think they are wanting it built not only for the Jsts but to better their chances of the 2012 Olympics.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree with the speculation on the Olympics.

I just think that design looks horrible.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

let this project go through.
                    and as far as the traffic goes, what does it come to? 8 lousy home games and 2 or three pre-season games, and GOD FORBID the playoffs if we can ever get back in them. 11 days with some traffic on the west side is nothing. there has got to be football in new york again.
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy:
                      there has got to be football in new york again.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ever hear of Buffalo, Tommy? [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Although, it's debatable whether what gets played there lately can truly be defined as "football". [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

(Yeah, yeah. I know you meant the City. Just having a little fun.)

Comment

As of late, the best contribution to football from Buffalo have been the wings. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                        X