mad shout out to crankdaddy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mad shout out to crankdaddy

y'know...sometimes on the board you find some really talented and cool fuckers. today, i've realized that tom (crankdaddy) is one of those really talented and cool fuckers. i saw the cool ads he did for his friend's music shop in this thread and i checked out his band's site (crankdaddy.com) great fuckin band; you can't not enjoy a band who can write a cool song about a jetta, or is funny enough to write a tune about being able to kick the ass of a few famous people. THAT's what's missing from rock and roll, kiddies; not taking yourselves too seriously, and rocking with a smirk on your face.

anyway, tom, you and your band kick much ass and do not suck in any way, shape, or form. the rest of you guys, go check his band out. if you don't like them, you suck in many ways, shapes, and forms! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

kudos to you, muthafucka!

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Re: mad shout out to crankdaddy

finally some songs I am skilled enough to play along with at home. and that is not meant as an insult.

I can hear the Vandals influence!

Comment

No kidding! And oddly enough, I just went to the site for the first time today, and LOVE the ass kicking song. That is all that the kid let me listen to, before I was dousing flames (not really), but I love the site, the sounds, and am going back RIGHT NOW!

And I'm not being paid to say it! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Keith
      The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
        funny enough to write a tune about being able to kick the ass of a few famous people.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Hmmmm, now I wonder from whom he got THAT idea?

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

And to think he's right down route 81 from me...
          Tom, with a coveted Sully endorsment, you shall go far. And I need a gig...! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Holy crap, guys. I am truly humbled.

I just stumbled on this thread (in one of my many moments trying to avoid writing ads for clients nowhere near as cool as Johnny Z's.)

I can't thank you all enough for the positive comments: Crankdaddy (the band) has been the proverbial dream come true for this 40 year old. After being a lifelong music nut -- and always wanting to play in a band -- I finally said "f*ck it" and took some group guitar lessons with my son.

Three years later, I'm fronting a band, I'm writing three chord songs, we're playing out occasionally, and we've got a pretty badass website. In fact, the first show I ever played with Crankdaddy was at the legendary CBGBs in New York. (Talk about a dream come true for an old punk like myself!)

Now we're entered in a local battle of the bands, and are ready to unleash Crankdaddy on the Central New York public.

The best part is: It's all for fun. We're all Dads (who crank, get it?), we all have good jobs, and we have no aspirations of "making it." Kinda takes a lot of the pressure off. Some guys have poker night or their golf league...we get together in my basement and rock our asses off.

I gotta admit: When I first joined this forum, I was afraid to put our website in my signature. I was afraid that all you shredders would simply crap on my brand of music (and I'm sure some of you will anyway.) So to hear positive feedback from the likes of you guys, well...it makes me all misty, it does...

Seriously, guys -- thanks. Can't wait to tell the band about this thread!

And Chuck...you better get down to 'Cuse to see us on June 16th!

Comment

haha. i like the jetta song, you guys kickass.

Comment

Thanx for the heads up Sully [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                Great stuff Crankdaddy, love the irreverant sense of humor.Much better than that whiney sniveling crap that's all over the radio anymore.
                BACK TO OUR ROOTS C-DADDY/ROCK IT HARD
                you better be carefull you will become a success [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, who's your C-Daddy?!? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Great stuff! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Cool stuff crank!! definately loved that song about kicking famous peoples asses' [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X