Why the gas boycott won't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why the gas boycott won\'t work

The EV1 has the land speed record for a electric car 185 MPH.. they put a govenor on mine 80 MPH top speed.. It will go 0 - 60 in 8 seconds - and I can cruse at speed limit or with traffic no issue around 50-60 mile before I need to plug it in. YEAH FEAR - this thing rocks.. Free charger at the mails and city halls plus many other locations. GMC/Saturn has decided to crush them all so they will not have to deal with service and/or lawsuits and the chargers??? hell mine pulls into 110v standard house pull- along with 220v. These things are great for around town too.. heck I pay $250 a month for the lease - includes insurance towing and full warrenty including tires.. Damn I will spend $300+ for gas going to work and back - plus all the extras -fix this fix that. I drive at least 100 miles a day. Thay are cushing them as soon as the leases run out. SAD SAD

Comment

I like snopes.com, but they don't get everything right. There is a major "urban legend" which I believe to be true, but they dismiss it out of hand.
      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
        Bah!

Here's how I get to work every morning!

<center></center>

Incidentally, this picture is taken of the line I use in the morning at one of the stops I get off on in the morning.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That thing rocks! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

When I went to Poland, My Mom's Friend had a Oxygen Powered Car. I think the company was Opel? Anyways there was a huge tank in the trunk of the car.
          I think that's a good idea if everyone converted to that.

But all the fuckers that have those huge SUVS for domestic driving are dumb (no offense to anyone here) Whats the point of having that? gets 2 mile per gallon and can drive over artic tundra! Plus, most of the people that drive those things suck so much. They don't know how to drive that.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelMadeja:
            But all the fuckers that have those huge SUVS for domestic driving are dumb (no offense to anyone here) Whats the point of having that? gets 2 mile per gallon and can drive over artic tundra! Plus, most of the people that drive those things suck so much. They don't know how to drive that.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">As car salesman in a former life, let me give you the lowdown on that.

Disclaimer: I'm really not a sexist pig, so please don't be offended, ladies!

You would be amazed at how much more popular SUV's are with women than men. My personal theory is that they feel safe and secure on such a big, imposing behemoth.

Do you remember the Jeep Cherokee commercial with the mountain? A couple pulls up to an old service station and asks for directions. The old geezer tells them to go to this highway, turn this way, go this many miles, etc... Next, a sweet young thing pulls up in her shiny new Jeep Cherokee and asks for directions to the same place. The geezer tells her, "Yes, Ma'am, just go right over that mountain there."

A lot of women (and some men, as well) take that crap to heart. They honestly think that they can literally go anywhere in an SUV. Climb straight up mountains and such. I've also met ignoramuses who think that 4-wheel drive will help to keep them on the road in an ice storm.

Always remember: perception IS reality!
            Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

I hate fuckers who buy giant trucks or SUVs, and then have the nerve to tailgate my small car when I'm already driving a little over the posted speed limit.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                ladies sliding in & out of the vehicle while pumping;
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Now that really doesn't sound so bad when taken out of context [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I think we overlooked one thing. Unless you took the day off work, or the kids had off from school, or you didn't have to do any driving for business, you will still end up buying the same anmount of gas this week. Sure, the oil companies may be out a few billion today, but if they make double THAT tomorrow, they will be right back where they started. It doesn't make any difference to them if I buy one gallon a day for ten days, or ten gallons in one day. It's simple math really.

Comment

Duh!!!! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube:
                      I like snopes.com, but they don't get everything right. There is a major "urban legend" which I believe to be true, but they dismiss it out of hand.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Which is....?

And why do you believe it? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by etaeniura:
                        I think we overlooked one thing. Unless you took the day off work, or the kids had off from school, or you didn't have to do any driving for business, you will still end up buying the same anmount of gas this week. Sure, the oil companies may be out a few billion today, but if they make double THAT tomorrow, they will be right back where they started.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You didn't read the article I linked to, did you?

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Overlooked, humph! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                        X