No announcement yet.

Stupid internet computer geek bullshit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid internet computer geek bullshit.

i"m trying to network my computer, my parent's, and my little brother's to our wireless high speed connection with this gay ass DI-604 router. And can't figure the thing out. I connect the modem wire into the WAN connection like it says, but the stupid LED doesn't light up. I hook up the computers into the LAN connections and they light up fine.

the instructions for installation are piss poor. Anybody got some schematics ont his crap that I could follow?

Re: Stupid internet computer geek bullshit.

Originally posted by the_drip:
    i"m trying to network my computer, my parent's, and my little brother's to our wireless high speed connection with this gay ass DI-604 router. And can't figure the thing out. I connect the modem wire into the WAN connection like it says, but the stupid LED doesn't light up. I hook up the computers into the LAN connections and they light up fine.

the instructions for installation are piss poor. Anybody got some schematics ont his crap that I could follow?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">First of all, are you using a crossed over TP-cable between the router WAN port and your modem? If not, you should.

Edit: Oops, looks like you should be using a normal TP cable. Sorry.

Have you checked this?

http://www.dlink.com/products/support.asp?pid=62&pv=17

Dopwnload the installation guide.

Comment

"It says 'sprocket' not 'socket'" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      Occupy JCF

Comment

eh, I got it working now.

the router we had wasn't configured..so we got a new one and it set up easy. go figure....4 hours of my life wasted.

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
          "It says 'sprocket' not 'socket'" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Would those be "Spacely Sprockets"?
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
          X