Underrated...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Underrated...

Gary, how did your post get added again a half hour later? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] Is there a ghost in your machine?!? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Gary Moore & Frank Marino!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Chucksplatter

Comment

Originally posted by Evol:
        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by markpb:
        Same with Rik Emmett, very well known , but not an active rock guitarist anymore and Triumph is long gone. I don't think he suffered for attention.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Especially not in his own mind! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That dude had an ego big enough to fill a stadium and always came across to be a little prickish to me....damn Canadians! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I remember watching Emmit on Muchmusic and he was totally down playing his ability as a singer and guitarist. He was even too embarrassed to sing there in the studio. (He did anyway)

He was sitting in during the power hour with a guitar and explaining what he liked about each guitarist then he would demonstrate there style! He played like Angus showing how he used a nice wide vibrato all the way up to Satriani, who was new on the scene then. He had the up most appreciation for them all and was amazed with Satrianis technique. Maybe this was a particularly humble day for him?
        And BTW, Canada rocks! Haven't you watched our beer commercials? [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Yeah, I gotta second the Eric Johnson. He may have sold a shitload of albums, but he's still not given the credit that Vai and Satriani get despite being, IMO, a much better player all around.

Seriously, when was the last time Satriani nailed a Wes Montgomery sound? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

More guys...

J. Yuenger
          Rivers Cuomo
          Corrin Tucker and Carrie Brownstein (Sleater-Kinney)

Comment

Rory Gallagher
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by Miffy rules:

Blixa Bargeld
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">nice. blixa kicks ass. do you prefer him in einsturzende neubauten or with nick cave?

sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Peter Klett, Andy Summers, and Woody Weatherman...

Comment

Ian Moss
                  Mark Lizotte
                  Brett Garsed
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

kyle cook doesn't get much attention for his work, but his band gets lots of attention for their work. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
                    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                    Amp... Pioneer
                    Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

[img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] Doug Aldrich [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Peter Green
                        Lenny Breau
                        Adrian Vandenberg

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
                          Yeah, I gotta second the Eric Johnson. He may have sold a shitload of albums, but he's still not given the credit that Vai and Satriani get despite being, IMO, a much better player all around.

Seriously, when was the last time Satriani nailed a Wes Montgomery sound? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

More guys...

J. Yuenger
                          Rivers Cuomo
                          Corrin Tucker and Carrie Brownstein (Sleater-Kinney)
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">alright mariah, we're on the same page for once,
                          rivers cuomo is one bad motherfukker!!!!

who likes THE VINES? i do alot.
                          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I agree-Rivers Cuomo rocks. He may not be much of a shredder, but he writes great riffs and catchy songs. Plus those guys have the best videos!

Comment

Working...
                            X