Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A SERIOUS topic from me for once... neighborhood crime...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A SERIOUS topic from me for once... neighborhood crime...

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
    I know this isn't real "TERROR" but you never know how much this could escalate.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dude, you are right to be concerned. There's a clear correlation between criminal flag planting and harder forms of crime. Before you know it, these people will have graduated to egging roofs and kidnapping garden gnomes. And it's not a great stretch from there to recruiting local teenagers into their suicide cults & the commission of serial homicides.

I think it's time you started a vigilante group & hunted these insurgents down.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Weird!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I see you live in Barhaven...well that is obviously the answer. It's just one of your weed growing neighbors!! Maybe they thought they could use the garden lights as grow lights [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I'd say they were marking targets for future visits, with each color representing how easy each target is to vandalise or "fill-in-the-blank".

I'd definitely scoop up the flags and bag 'em (check the "lawn waste" bag - might be something in it other than lawn waste) so the cops can take prints, and I'd push for a full-on investigation. If it's a prank, then the pranksters need to be caught. Laugh all you want and say it's harmless fun and "boys will be boys" and all that drunken teenager shit, but you are forgetting these very important facts:
          -it is illegal in most areas for teens to drink.
          -Private Property is Private Property
          -Vandalism is Vandalism
          -Theft is Theft

Look at the number of underage drunk driving accidents (fatalities, especially) and tell me "it's ok, they just need room to grow". That's bull fucking shit. CHILDREN need to be leashed and taught to be responsible, not "devil may care". These kinda fuckups are well on their way to becoming a serious problem. Teens have absolutely no right or priveledge to vandalise O.P.P. period. I say catch 'em and ship 'em off to juvie hall for a few months. Press every charge your local court can arraign them on, and push for maximum sentencing.

Of course, the worst case scenario is that it's NOT kids, but adults who are definitely marking your neighborhood for future visits, in which case you have to wonder how badly they want what you've got, and are they willing to kill to get it?
          Time to buy a gun or two, and take a shooting course.
          You may also want to look into a Louisville Slugger and some 6 inch nails - nothing deters a criminal like a baseball bat stuck to his chest, leg, arm, or head.
          They're also easy to ID later - he'll be the one at the hospital wearing a nailbat [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Most likely drunk kids with hoting better to do.

Comment

Edit: "...nothing better to do".

I have no clue how that became "hoting". [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I suppose that happens every now and then, when you type with only two fingers like me. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

perhaps they were planting landmines? I say get a shotgun and take turns staying up at night with your neighbors. Shoot whatever comes near your houses-dogs, cats, mailmen, whatever. As soon as your neighborhood gets the rep for being "where the crazies live", no one will mess with your shit.

Comment

NOTP, we used those types of flags to mark ordnance as we came across it on a battlefield. Different colored flags designates the level of danger associated with the ordnance being marked. Do NOT dig where those flags are planted....lol.

I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Do you really think a criminal would leave a *FLAG* to mark future targets?
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

School pranks, and they use the flags to mark the area for points/proof of their actions etc or something...

Those flags are everywhere for the taking. Marking property lines in new housing, marking trees to cut, where to or where not to dig because of underground pipes or wires etc etc.

Either that, or, it's the aliens again like Brad said... Of course that was my first intuition actually...

Comment

trepassing on my property greets you with a barrel end of a 12 guage.

Comment

I think an explanation on "loose soil" might shed light on the whole thing. What kind of criminal or vandal gives a shit about soil in general? [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Dave:
                            Do you really think a criminal would leave a *FLAG* to mark future targets?
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">well, sure! As long as all the residents cooperate and leave the flags there for when we.....uh......the criminals come back. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Of course, most of the residents are going to pull all the flags out of their lawn as soon as they notice them, and that's where the system falls down.
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Ehhhh, our flag is still stuck in our garden. I guess my family is a bunch of lazy asses. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Christ guys its drunk kids.

I saw that and thought it was great. I know if I found some flags like that they'd be fucking everywhere [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I mean, I dont know America, nor the area in which you live, but I am from England (similar kinda culture) and I think you might be a bit paranoid.

Ive stolen things from people's gardens when Im drunk and walking home. And big road signs saying "diversion" and then put that in someones front garden. And Ive blocked off a road in a housing estate with road cones stolen from a roadworks. And mates of mine blocked off a main road in a big operation involving two cars lol [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] too much time on our hands [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Its just random drunk kid stuff (lol although Im 19 [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )

James

Comment

Working...
                                X