Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever done a show where it didn't "click"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ever done a show where it didn\'t "click"?

Originally posted by MichaelMadeja:
    buy a drum machine [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [/QB]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm with you, drum machine is a guitarist's BEST FRIEND!!

Fong

Comment

Re: Ever done a show where it didn\'t &quot;click&quot;?

Well my band Bed Of Nails is getting ready to get out there and I hope not to have any train wrecks but I know we will...

I used to play out everyweekend for about a years and a half with the VH tribute ..

Some gigs we were spot on and that's when it's really fun . I notice the crowd had a lot to do with our (at least my enthusiam) ...a large crowd all up front of the stage and just having fun ...makes you play good....better at least .

it's was an energy thing for me ..

Every night my guitarist would take his solo and he would morph Eruption into Cathedral (echo & volume knob) thing then go into spanish fly ...one time he hit all the wrong programs on his midi pedal during this solo ...and he just choked and got confused and it was a total abortion ....he was red faced and I was spliting my sides LMFAO until I almost passed out , tears were rolling down my cheeks , tears of pure joy!!!....I'm good like that!!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] :lol

Bill Z Bub / Bed Of Nails:
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
        and I was spliting my sides LMFAO until I almost passed out , tears were rolling down my cheeks , tears of pure joy!!!....I'm good like that!!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What a dick! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Dude ...you would of been laughin' too...he had his echo "cathedral" setting on during Eruption...then his eruption setting on during Cathedral and his face was red as an over ripe tomato ...it was awesome!!!!!!

it sounded all fucked up ...he looked helpless .....it was truly awesome. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

No, I would HAVE been laughing.... [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

When shit goes down hill, do the "punk set", where you turn to shit and make it sound like it's on purpose, then dive into the drumset after the last song.
              [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

DO NOT do that at practice though.

Comment

Inearthed,
                  1. You are gonna have off nights.

2. You are gonna have gigs from hell, guitars stolen, beer poured into the mixer, club owners stiffin ya, fat chicks stalkin' ya, rack gear go nuts 'cause the stage power is on the same circuit as the blender (and it's margarita night), bandmates making your life all sorts of difficult, amps going microphonic, onstage collisions that only happen when holding your prized axe, and mics electrocuting you every time you sing. If it's bad, you will eventually see it.

3. You are gonna wonder why you put yourself through it over and over again.

4. Then you have one of those transcendent nights where the your band is just barely tighter than the dresses on the models grindin on each other as they are smiling in your direction, your amp sounds so good you keep looking back at it, your fingers are doing things you've only seen on tv, the temp is perfect, the set is short, plenty of places to go afterward, your buds strike your gear for ya and take it home.

5. Learn from the bad days, enjoy the good ones.
                  750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                  Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

first reherse to manage the whole set without monitors!:
                    THE DRUMMER IS THE GUIDELINE FOR EVERYONE
                    (switch the drummer if he´s too bad!)
                    everyone(singer included!) of you should totally focus on your drummer, find something you hear always good on any stage (hihat or snare or whatever)
                    reherse with metronome regularely! (but not always, to leave a certain vibe in the song)
                    your drummer should be (someday) able to play all songs in time without guitars!!!
                    then it will not take very long and you will be able to do the songs without hearing the other guitarist, even with all that heavy harmonic stuff
                    only take a new song to stage if you really can feel it and needs not very much concentration anymore!
                    try to figure out how you will stand on stage everyone, and reherse in that setup
                    means all 4 in one backline!
                    that´s just my 2 cents, try if some of this shit will help you
                    andy

Comment

Thanks again for the comments. There is some great advice in this thread (and some funny stories). I'm playing tomorrow night with the band I play bass in again so perhaps I'll have a funny story to share with you guys. The last time we played at this bar a drunk guy got up on stage during our last song and stumbled around a bit and he helped me finish off the last song we played (I held my bass up to him and fretted the notes while he drunkenly strummed the strings).

Comment

Working...
                      X