In just 6 short hours....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In just 6 short hours....

Its funny , as a season ticket holder and general hockey fan since I was a kid, this is really anti-climactic. Beating the hated Flyers was such a big high.......

I guess its just hard to hate Calgary, I mean, what is there to dislike about Calgary??????

I was there 2 years ago on my way to Banff, and it is just a beautiful area, absolutely Gds country.

Oh well, fuck em'. Go Bolts.
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Re: In just 6 short hours....

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz:
    Who cares! its Calgary and Tampa Bay for crying our loud [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Just kidding. I hope its a 7 game series...what is it about 2800-2900 miles? So much for the home and home driving fans

As much as I hated seeing the Wings fall flat there has been some good playoff hockey. Calgary and Tampa Bay are good teams and are deserve the attention that they are getting. It is going to be a good series thats for sure....
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I totally agree Shawn. Even though I'm very sad about the Flyers not making it, it was great to see Tampa play like they did. My hats off to those boys for giving it everything they had. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] It's going to be a great series!
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn:
      Its funny , as a season ticket holder and general hockey fan since I was a kid, this is really anti-climactic. Beating the hated Flyers was such a big high.......

I guess its just hard to hate Calgary, I mean, what is there to dislike about Calgary??????

I was there 2 years ago on my way to Banff, and it is just a beautiful area, absolutely Gds country.

Oh well, fuck em'. Go Bolts.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Give it a couple games...I'm sure you'll find a few reasons to hate them [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Budman, sorry about your Flyers, but I just cant stand Philly fan. They are the only ones that want to come into our building and start a fight.

I know its typecasting, but I have been there many times on business, and they are for the most part hardened, grisly people.

Definitely the opposite of the life I know, here in Florida.

And for our Philly board members, I have two words.

Rhonde Barber.

I am out like the Flyers and the Eagles in the Playoffs.
        Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

I don't care who wins. I am a bruins fan. Gotta love those bruins. Old reliable bruins. I just hope for a good series. Tampa bay looks good, but Calgery is an awsome underdog!
          "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Originally posted by sambencuda:
            Old reliable bruins!
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh they're reliable all right, first round exit every time. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Just like the Red Sox are reliable!!! Ha ha ha. Oh well, too bad. Any team that thinks the phrase "cowboy up" is cool deserves to lose for all eternity. Yeah the Red Sox are cowboys all right, just like the guy in the village people. Cowboy down was his motto. Go Yankees.

But I digress:

Go Flames!!!!!

Comment

*snif*... I can't watch the game, due to the lame tv-channels here that won't show every game, only the decisive ones [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
              Well, anyway, GO FLAMES!!!!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn:
                Budman, sorry about your Flyers, but I just cant stand Philly fan. They are the only ones that want to come into our building and start a fight.

I know its typecasting, but I have been there many times on business, and they are for the most part hardened, grisly people.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No sweat my friend, I ve seen philly fans in action and I can't argue with you at all. Be that as it may, I however, am not that type so it's good bro. I truly hope your team does well as they deserve it. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Have you guys seen the Flames Girls website yet? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Dave is the up most respectable Flyer Fan which appears to be somewhat of an oddity. I live in the Dallas area and they had a Flyer fan call in the radio station disappointed about the Flyers losing and referred to the Tampa Bay team as Tampon Bay [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I think these two teams are going to open up the eyes to other organizations like Detroit, Philadelphia, NYR and Dallas that have crazy payrolls, that it takes more than star players and boat load of cash to be a success in the NHL. You can compete with a group of guys who play well together as a unit and have the will and desire to win at all costs (except the dollars in their pockets).

I'm gonna enjoy this final a lot as I fear that with the CBA and lockout next season, NHL hockey is in some deep shit on the go forward.
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

This will be one hell of a cup!
                        www.kiddhavok.com
                        www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Originally posted by skidd:
                          This will be one hell of a cup!
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Stanley, or more of the C and D variety? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I am so ready. Get out of here in 1 hour, go home, grab a shower, grab the wife, kiss the kids, and its off to the game....

Wife will have the beer ready to go, so I am good there.

For a hockey fan, this is truly a dream come true..
                            Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

bruin fan here,one of these days were going to win

Comment

Working...
                              X