American Idol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: American Idol

"Soundled like she was puking, to me, 95% of the time. Great live, in a church, I bet, but it just grated on my nerves."

Yep, if not for Macy Gray's popularity over the last couple of years, this chick would've gone nowhere.
    If they had actually been looking for talented singers, that La Toya London chick would've won. I know these things because like most of you, my wife, mom, sister-in-law, mother-in-law, grandmother, they all eat this shit up. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

There are 5 TVs in my house and I live alone.
      I have a hard time believing that you guys only have 1 TV and are "forced" to watch this crap.

Comment

In the latest edition of Tracks magazine they said that the average age of an American Idol veiwer is 32. I don't watch the show myself (spend too much time playing guitar) but I do know that last years winner Clay is no where near 600 lbs. not sure why anyone would think that. Scott

Comment

Yup, Ms. London was awesome.

BTW, Clay didn't win, Ruben did. Clay was #2.

My wife got me interested in watching it, then I got hooked. My requirements for nighttime tv are simple: it has to be meaningless crap. I deal with enough meaningful shit all day: I want 100% bullshit at night, if the TV is on at all.

American Midol fits the bill. Cheaper than heroin, too.

K
          The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

my bad, guess clay did not win. like I said I do not watch the show. Clays album is out sellin Ruben though.

Comment

Originally posted by axtogrind:

My wife got me interested in watching it, then I got hooked. My requirements for nighttime tv are simple: it has to be meaningless crap. I deal with enough meaningful shit all day: I want 100% bullshit at night, if the TV is on at all.

K
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Amen, Brother. This may be the greatest thing I have ever read. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

American Idol = Gayest Show Ever!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I didn't even watch television when I was ON the motherfucker!!

Comment

A good friend of mine tried out for Canadian Idol and she reported back to me that the whole thing was a huge farce. I'm extrapolating that opinion to include any nation's Idol competition.

What's worse is that Warner Brothers' "Superstar USA" show or whatever.

Reality TV is awful. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
                      It's amusing I suppose ...but it's contrived and just sooooooooo American now isn't it! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, this series was created in Britain as "Pop Idol" by that annoying Simon guy and then exported around the world like some bad disease.

I am proud to say that I have never watched a single moment of "Reality TV" in any form, including American Idol, Survivor, The Batchelor and its ripoffs, etc. etc. etc.

My wife can't stand that shit, either, so it never shows up on our TVs. I watch crime dramas, football, Star Trek, History Channel, Biography, movies on USA or AMC, the occasional Spanish-language tv (if I'm drunk enough), and the odd Russian-language program on our local cable system's oddball foreign channel (if I'm incredibly drunk).

Comment

Originally posted by axtogrind:

K
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">cheaper yes, but one minute of viewing this crap
                        makes even the most stable and adjusted of human beings want to do heroin to kill the pain that is doled out in large waves from these kind of kookbat shows [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

i'm gonna start my own show-
                          "American Yuffie"
                          i have broken down this country into 3 categories-
                          1-yuppie = young urban professional
                          2-yullie = young urban laborer
                          3-yuffie =(me)young urban failure-lol

each week we will have three losers battle it out
                          to see who can set their life back the farthest.
                          masters degrees in credit card debt,gambling,drinking,narcotic use, and fake charvel purchases will determine who gets on the show to compete.
                          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

fantasia will sell alot of soul & gospel cd's. voice will not carry her through the mainstream market they are trying to sell to. clay aiken is the best singer they have produced. the kid has some lungs. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
                            Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                            Amp... Pioneer
                            Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

I am proud to say that I have never watched a single minute of this show. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X