recording to PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recording to PC

Is there any way to mix my tracks from my portastudio down to my PC? DO I have to get expensive software for this, or is there a standard windows application that allows me to convert analog input to my souncard into wav or mp3 files? Thnaks for any help!

Re: recording to PC

You can use the line input from your soundcard to get a wav file and then convert it to wma with windows media player. The quality you'll get will be according to the hardware you have.

Hope it helps.
    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Ok, I'm new to this, and not really too literate when it comes to computers for recording. I know I have the windows sound recorder, but that only records a few seconds. I have the 4 track connected to my computer and use the computer speakers as monitors, but what do I use to actually record the tracks on?

Comment

You've already mixed everything on your four-track, right? You CAN use Sound Recorder if you wish if all you're doing is just digitizing what you have on your four-track. Plug it into your computer's green Line In jack. Fire up Sound Recorder, and hit Record. Let it record through (blank), and then hit Record again when it stops recording. It will extend the length of the recording. Keep repeating it until you have enough minutes that you want. Then rewind the Sound Recorder and record from your four-track. Save it as a WAV file with the quality of your choosing, and then convert it to MP3 using the free MusicMatch software from www.musicmatch.com. Then, log onto the JCF to share your files in the MP3 section. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hope this helps a bit. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

THanks, both of you. I had no idea I could record more than a few seconds on there. THey should give you instructions for that!

Comment

just out of curiosity-what does mp3 stand for?

Comment

First thing I would do is sell that 4-track and take the money and buy Cake Walk or N-Track Studio or any of them. The results you will get frpm PC recording will blow away anything you can do on a Tape 4-Track.

Matt

Comment

I don't plan on producing demos or anything. It is more of a toy for me to play with in my living room. It is just one of the 99 dollar TASCAM jobs. Hell, I spent nine bucks on an old tape deck in a pawn shop to mix down to as well. Top of the line silver faced MCS (JCPENNY) single well deck-real pro quality stuff here! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I've tried using Acid Pro to record onto my laptop...and it sounds like complete ass!!! I gotta find out if someone somewhere sels external sound cards that plug in via USB, because right now all I do is place a microphone next to my amp speakers with the mike plugged into the mike jack on the laptop.....I've farted better sounding melodies than what I pick up in the recording. Any ideas??? There is NO port for me to plug directly into the built in sound card on my laptop, so right now this is the only way I can do it ....unless there is an external sound card out there somewhere.
                  I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

i wondered because there is something similar to that listed in the "convert to" part of my MS sound recorder.

Comment

Originally posted by etaeniura:
                      just out of curiosity-what does mp3 stand for?
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">MPEG Layer 3 or something like that.

You're welcome... hope it works out for you! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X