Canada's GUN LAWS suck ASS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada's GUN LAWS suck ASS!

Wanna know how stupid-ass liberal weenie my country can get?!?

We've got this stupid waste of money and time called the gun registry.

A program where every mom and pop with a shotgun or 22 cal popgun has to inform the federal Gov.

That way, the guns AND owners can be tracked.

(In case they go beserk and kill some squirles or perhaps annoy some bears, I suppose)

Now, if you DON'T report your firearms, you are commiting a FEDERAL OFFENSE!

See, a few years ago, I aquired an M4 knock-off for shits an giggles.

I'm not a wanna be Rambo guy or anything. Untill I entered service I had never even HANDLED one. After I got out, like most of the guys I wanted a personal weapon around, so I got one, legally.

NOW, the weapon I purchased over the counter from a legit dealer is on a RESTRICTED WEAPONS LIST.

Meaning, I can't posses one outside of the Military or Law Enforcment trades

So, I have 2 choices I can surrender the weapon, lose my money and HOPE no-one decides to CHARGE ME for having a NOW-restricted weapon.

Or... I can keep it, hidden away.. never take it out to a range and HOPE I don't get caught, and FACE having BOTH a weapon posession charge AND and Un-Registered weapons charge.

Again, this is for an item, that I purchased through legal means , and with a valid firearms liscence.

In the meantime, guys are running around shooting up dance clubs with MAC10s.

Do Ya think THEY'LL register THEIR Guns?????

I know most of you think that there are no guns in Canada.

We have PLENTY of em, Only it's the crimminals who have most of em.

You guys in America have no idea how lucky you are.

Re: Canada\'s GUN LAWS suck ASS!

You got a big gun and now can't get rid of it legally without getting in trouble? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Someone hasn't thought that law all the way through.

Although I think that the more the owning of firearms is limited by law, the better.

Comment

Yeah, thank God our forefathers built the RIGHT to bear arms into the Constitution.
      Your country needs either a grandfather clause allowing you to keep your weapon,
      or needs to pay you for it so you can get something else that IS legal.

On the bright side, you probably have nicer Federal prisons that we do! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by patte:

I think that the more the owning of firearms is limited by law, the better.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, good idea bro. Take the weapons out of law abiding gun owners hands. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

When speaking of american gun laws: Can you be denied buying, and owning, a weapon because you are considered a "potential criminal", or if you have a criminal record?

Comment

Lucky? If certain politians have their way we will be exactly were you are right now. We already have that bullshit assault weapons ban. The new era of politians are looking to ban guns and calling it gun control. How can you call it controlling the sale of firearms if you ban them? There have already been laws and procedures set in place for controlling certain weapons in the USA. The media loves to falsify information about anything gun related and keep the none gun owning public in the dark. Whenever they have something relating to a semi auto weapon they basically try to sell it off as a machine gun. Here in NY they have had some of the toughest handgun laws around. I hardly see a difference in handgun crimes because of it. Just like drugs and pussy you can buy them illegally almost anywhere. It will be a cold day in hell before most people figure that out though.
            We must!
            We must!
            We must increase the bust!
            The bigger the better!
            The tighter the sweater!
            The boys are counting on us!

Comment

In some areas, yes, they can deny your license request for a criminal record.

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns, so to keep the armed criminals from taking over, America won't ban guns. They'll ban assault weapons, of course, because an assault weapon is neither a competitive sport nor a hunting weapon: it's designed to kill other humans quickly and accurately, period, hence the term "assault".

More crimes are committed with .38s and .22 pistols than rifles, though, because they're easier to conceal and ammo is plentiful and pretty much universal (at least between any firearm that can fire a .22 caliber shot, be it a rifle or a pistol).

Banning any firearm is pointless, though, in reality, since there will always be someone who wants whatever is being banned, even if it's so they can outgun everyone else. So, may as well let Joe Public proterct his private property with the same weapon that the well-armed thugs are packing - that way we know we're on a level playing-field.

Some places here in America were doing a "cash-for-guns" deal a few years ago - it's best to report that you own the gun in question and request that either the government reimburse you what you paid prior to the ban, or that they supply you with an even trade for a suitable replacement.
              You may also avoid having to surrender it if you have it modified to be single-shot only (as some here have done).
              Ask your local authorities or newspaper (an anonymous "letter to the editor" letting them find out the answer is better than calling the sheriff if it turns out to be bad news [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah, good idea bro. Take the weapons out of law abiding gun owners hands. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's not quite what I meant. I'm under the impression (please correct me if I am wrong) that in the US basically anyone is able to purchase almost any kind of firearm. No matter how law abiding, I wouldn't feel very comfortable if my neighbour owned a M16, what sensible use would a law abiding citizen have for an assault rifle?

Comment

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Yeah, good idea bro. Take the weapons out of law abiding gun owners hands. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's not quite what I meant. I'm under the impression (please correct me if I am wrong) that in the US basically anyone is able to purchase almost any kind of firearm. No matter how law abiding, I wouldn't feel very comfortable if my neighbour owned a M16, what sensible use would a law abiding citizen have for an assault rifle? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Your a fine example of how the media has misinformed the general none gunning owning public. It hasn't been legal for anyone to just go out and buy a machine gun like an M16 since the 1930's. What the asshole politicians refer to as an assault weapon can only shoot on bullet with each pull of the trigger. Machine guns can however be purchased by law abidding US citizens that have to go through a background check done by the BATF. They have to pay 200 dollars for each tax stamp for each option on each gun. Providing the BATF passes their application. And the guns generally run 3000 to 20000 dollars. These laws are state dependent as well. Some states allow some things and not others. Some allow none. Highly unlikely a criminal would go threw that to obtain a firearm they intend to use in a crime when they can buy one illegally.
                  We must!
                  We must!
                  We must increase the bust!
                  The bigger the better!
                  The tighter the sweater!
                  The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Seems like the same "unregistered firearms" law still applies in the US as well ....according to our statutes ...any deadly ordinance must be cleared and registered ....or you can be charged with a Misdermeanor unregisterd firearm case..just like Canada

Try and buy shit without papers is the best way to go ....no paper trail..

I just bought a high capacity Barreta 9MM from a private owner without signing for it ...if I want to register the weaopn all I have to do is get a NCIC check on it to make sure it's not stolen ...other than that ...that's it!
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by patte:
                      No matter how law abiding, I wouldn't feel very comfortable if my neighbour owned a M16, what sensible use would a law abiding citizen have for an assault rifle?
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How about because they are fun to shoot????
                      That's good enough for me. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Yeah, good idea bro. Take the weapons out of law abiding gun owners hands. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's not quite what I meant. I'm under the impression (please correct me if I am wrong) that in the US basically anyone is able to purchase almost any kind of firearm. No matter how law abiding, I wouldn't feel very comfortable if my neighbour owned a M16, what sensible use would a law abiding citizen have for an assault rifle? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You are under the wrong impression. Here in NJ, to buy a firearm legally, you must go to your local police department and fill out some paperwork. They take 2 sets of fingerprints. 1 set goes to the FBI, the other goes to the State Police. Those 2 do background checks. If you have ever been convicted of a felony, you're denied. The local police send out questionaires to 2 refrences you provide and to your employer. If these people don't send back a glowing report on your integrity, drug use, alcohol use and a few other things...you're denied. If they forget to send it back, it is considered a negative reference.
                        Fully automatic weapons, like the M-16, are NOT LEGAL for the average citizen to purchase. However, the US media would like to have you believe you could. I have a small stash of nice weapons, and to be honest with you, they see little use. The only that really sees the light of day is my off duty carry piece.
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Ok, thanks for correcting me.

Comment

In California you wait 14 days while a background check is done, for rifle, shotgun or handgun. In addition to felonies, you'll be denied if you have any domestic abuse convictions, even if misdemeanors. You also have to take and pass a gun safety test, or watch a gun safety video, in order to buy a gun. Guns can't be sold through newspaper classified ads either.

Or, you can go to the hood and illegally buy an AK-47 that is fully automatic, with no paper trail. Depends on if you're law-abiding or not. That's why LA cops are using 9mm pistols against automatic weapons on the streets everyday.
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Some info-
                              Average citizens in the US CAN own Machine Guns. They are called "Class 3" Weapons-silencers, machine guns, short barrel shotguns, semi-auto Shotguns, etc fall into this category.

To buy one, you must be in a state that Class 3 is legal. Ex, PA, NV, AZ-class 3 is good to go. CA..FORGET it!(then again...EVERYTHING has been banned in CA)
                              You have to go to a dealer with a Class 3 license, pay for the firearm, fill out about 3 or 4 forms, give a FULL set of fingerprints, and pay a $200 tax.

The backround check takes about 90 days, and if you clear, you get the okay from the FBI/BATF. There is a set of rules so strict with Class 3 firearms, it's about as long as your arm. You always have to carry the papers for it, have to tell the BATF where you live if you so much as move to the next apartment down, etc.

THe Cheapest full auto is a cheesy Mac 10, and that will run you $1500. M16s, Aks-you alooking at $5K. Mp5? $10K I have even seen a REAL M60 for sale out of Arizona-for the machine gun and some replacement parts, the seller wanted $25,000.

We have not even hit ammo costs yet!

And if a Crimnial wants a UZI? I can say with 100% confidence he/she is going to to down to the local illegal weapon dealer and pay far less in cash with no waiting period.

BY disarming citizens you are doing two things-
                              1.setting up high crime rates. Ask the Brits in London-once they fully banned guns, crime went though the roof there. This is a fact-go online and check the number.

2.setting up Government abuses of the people-EVERY government that slaughtered people in the 20th century disarmed the population first.
                              Just ask-
                              Hitler, Mao Zedong, Stalin
                              Gun control works great! Between those 3, they killed a estimated 50 MILLION of their own people.

The 2nd amendment is NOT about duck hunting or sport. We are supposed to be armed to the teeth to keep the government in line. ANY ONE who trusts a governemnt is a fool I hate to say.
                              Read up what Jefferson and many others said about keeping the populance armed. Remember-the first shots fired in the Revolution were over a rifle confiscation by the British

Comment

Working...
                              X