Guitar player with most endurance...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar player with most endurance...

Who do you think, due to their playing style and such, has to have the most endurance in their guitar playing? My vote would have to be John Schaeffer of iced earth. That man is the undisputed god of the gallop, and hes the one who got me started on it a while ago- he's insane. What do you guys think?

Re: Guitar player with most endurance...

oh damn schaefer is a badass [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

ill shutup now... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

When I saw the thread title, I immediately thought of Jon as well. I'm sure there are more, but he immediately came to mind. I used to literally get exhausted after playing some of Iced Earth's songs... man, some of them were a real workout, even for the fretting hand. For example, by the time you get to the end of "My Own Savior" where the riff is picked, you'll feel the burn in both arms if you don't have a light touch. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

hell yea dude. Especially with songs like Travel in stygian, birth of the wicked, and prophecy. The gallop makes it so much heavier though. There was a period of time i went through when i galloped EVERYTHING [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] even my leads, lol. I got bit with the schaefer bug..it never leaves ya though.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Endurance?

Keith Richards.

Why? No one really knows... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm thinking John Petrucci during the Live Scenes from New York show. They did a set more than 3 hours and their stuff is not the easiest to play.

Comment

Angus Young live.
              ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Jon Schaff is way up there on the list but for me Dave Mustaine is tops. He plays and sings and he's way tighter than most guitar players out there. Paul Gilbert is also way up there with endurance, but his has more to do with the left hand than the right.

Travis, I was there when DT did the DVD in NY. I'm actually on there a couple times. That was back in my DT psycho days.
                I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Working...
                X