www.kiddhavok.com
    www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Re: Enuff Z\'Nuff guitarist Derek Frigo RIP

Just saw that myself; what a shame!
    RIP Derek; I dug your playing! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

wow...i've got a few derek memories/war stories, none of them terribly positive. but yeah, it's a shame. he was a talented guitar player with many a bad bad demon. rip.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

no doubt, what a way to go.. especially dialing 911 over and over. He was a fine player-RIP.

Comment

RIP Derek, The 1st couple Enuff records have always been my favorite.
          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Ohhhhhhhh wow that sucks ...I have a Mike Varney's unsung heroes cd from '82 with him doing a killer solo on it ..

I also have a copy of Lemans ...his first band that came out in '85 way before Enuff Z Nuff..

RIP Derek!!!!

Damn...
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Man, That sucks...He will be missed...

Comment

Shit! I was having a bad day as it was, and now I read this to top it off. I've always gotten crap from people (*coughsullycough*) for liking Enuff Znuff but for a pop metal band they were great and I've loved their stuff. This sucks...RIP my man... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

First online article I could find:

http://www.antimusic.com/news/04/may/item52.shtml
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That really blows! I dug his pinch harmonics better then ANYONE elses... I thught he was a VERY underrated guitar player in a very underrated band...
                    Get that first CD and listen to "In the Groove" and that will hook you as a Frigo fan and Enuff-Z-Nuff Fan..
                    Another Rock N Roll casualty... It's too bad...

Comment

I liked his playing in Lemans more than anything he did in Enuff...
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That's really sad that drugs did him in. And if it's true that he's pawning guitars to feed his addiction, that just makes it all the more tragic. Hopefully he can find some peace now from his worldly demons.
                        Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by John D.:
                          And if it's true that he's pawning guitars to feed his addiction, that just makes it all the more tragic.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yes, that's most certainly true. i watched him unload a kramer holoflash for 20 rocks. derek was a pretty nice guy, but man, he was a mess.

sully
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Bummer! He was a great guitar player in a strange band that I didn't think anybody actually really liked.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Quote from http://www.metal-sludge.com/FrigoRicky.htm
                              It's a sad situation but unfortunately it's not the first time a rock guy has died from drugs and it won't be the last. People just don't learn.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Is it just me, or do people (meaning the dumb-fuck general public and the jesus-freaks) always associate rock-n-roll with dangerous drugs???
                              Why don't these fucking religious fanatics (or whatever they are) crawl out of their fucking holes and try to learn something about reality??
                              Any other opinions?
                              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                              X