VH Guitar Legends Collector's Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VH Guitar Legends Collector's Issue

If you don't it yet, the VH collector's issue is on the shelf. I just picked up mine. Some great tabs and pics. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: VH Guitar Legends Collector\'s Issue

What tabs are in it? Is this one of Guitar World's special editions?
    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by John D.:
      What tabs are in it? Is this one of Guitar World's special editions?
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's Guitar World yeah, Guitar Legends. Has full tabs for:
      Hot for teacher
      Panama
      Light up the sky
      Finish what you started
      Ice Cream man
      Eruption

Some riffs to Mean Street, Five rare interviews, band history, unseen photos, sammy interviews eddy!

It's pretty cool.

Comment

Thanks - I may have to check that one out. I've got a pretty big collection of GW's but sometimes it's worth having the special edition, too.
        Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

most of those tabs are totally wrong anyways.. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Eddie couldn't play those songs again ...I bet .

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
              most of those tabs are totally wrong anyways.. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sometimes this is true, but think about it, if 2 guitar players with identical playing knowledge figure out a song, there is more of a chance of them playing it differently than the same.

I figured out Tesla's The Way It Is, then a couple of months later the book came out, and I checked it out. I played it in a totally different place on the neck but had the exact same notes. Was I wrong [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] ??

I've never really believed in TAB, in that it makes a lot of guitarists dependent upon them to learn new stuff. The days of a guy sitting with his tape deck or 8-track are sadly gone.

Sounds like a cool issue...I'll have to pick it up and read the articles and interviews.

Say what you will about Eddie...he was a pioneer of rock guitar and influenced many guitarists and opened up new musical ideas for many more.

Thanks for the heads up Gary [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool, I'll have to check it out... [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes Ed sure was a pioneer ...too bad he is too weak of a person to keep focused and headstrong.

he's the reason why I play today ....that's why I'm sooooooooooo disappointed in him.. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

It's like seeing a superhero like Superman getting his ass whooped by some geek....not a pretty picture..IMO [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

I just saw a bootleg of a very old VH concert ...'78 ....man he had sooooooooo much confidence and fire ....now he has neither.

Comment

Sometimes positioning is everything as far as voicing, but even moreso in transistion. I use tab sometimes, not all of it is correct, but it is a useful tool when you have difficulty deciphering something by ear.

Comment

Originally posted by LesPaulCustom:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by horns666:
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sometimes this is true, but think about it, if 2 guitar players with identical playing knowledge figure out a song, there is more of a chance of them playing it differently than the same.

I figured out Tesla's The Way It Is, then a couple of months later the book came out, and I checked it out. I played it in a totally different place on the neck but had the exact same notes. Was I wrong [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] ??

I've never really believed in TAB, in that it makes a lot of guitarists dependent upon them to learn new stuff. The days of a guy sitting with his tape deck or 8-track are sadly gone.

Sounds like a cool issue...I'll have to pick it up and read the articles and interviews.

Say what you will about Eddie...he was a pioneer of rock guitar and influenced many guitarists and opened up new musical ideas for many more.

Thanks for the heads up Gary [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That what I have been saying a lot lately. I became a much better overall player as kid when I started figuring stuff out by ear. Ric Bruno was the 1st teacher who told me he would not figure out solos for me, he would give me the changes, scales etc. That way I could do it myself or know what the guy was doing etc. It amazes me how many kids at GC can’t even tune their guitars. I will say this, there is so much free knowledge out there now that there is no reason to not play in key or have a clue about what’s going in a song anymore. Plus with all the DVDs out there, it just mind blowing. Tab has its place, but it can be a crutch to.
                      www.kiddhavok.com
                      www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

there are some great shots of eddie with
                        the black and white deathstar that i had made.
                        i love old shots of van halen. when they were
                        van fukkin' halen.
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                        X