Rose City Guitar Show - Portland, Or. Sun June 6th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rose City Guitar Show - Portland, Or. Sun June 6th

I used to live in a Portland--a long time ago! I remember Strathead Charvels hanging on the wall at the original downtown Portland Music location. Portland used to have some cool used guitar stores, but it was all Gibson/Fender snobbery the last time I was through town a couple of years ago.

Re: Rose City Guitar Show - Portland, Or. Sun June 6th

Portland used to have some cool used guitar stores, but it was all Gibson/Fender snobbery the last time I was through town a couple of years ago.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">But you've got to remember that it's quite a blues/Jazz scene here though, too. That stuff appeals to those crowds more. Not quite the Jackson/B.C. Rich laden metal scene of LA or something [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] .

Anybody besides thenine and myself that actually live around here??
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm down in Salem. I might be able to make it. I'll let you know [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] .

Comment

Originally posted by Hotrod:
      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Portland used to have some cool used guitar stores, but it was all Gibson/Fender snobbery the last time I was through town a couple of years ago.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">But you've got to remember that it's quite a blues/Jazz scene here though, too. That stuff appeals to those crowds more. Not quite the Jackson/B.C. Rich laden metal scene of LA or something [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] .

Anybody besides thenine and myself that actually live around here??
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm down in Salem. I might be able to make it. I'll let you know [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] .</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Cool! it would be fun to hook up.

Steve E

Comment

I live near Seattle - is that show going to be worth the 3hr haul?
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Rose City Guitar Show - Portland, Or. Sun June 6th

Any JCF'ers going to this show? Anybody besides thenine and myself that actually live around here??

Anyway - if interested it's at the Monarch Hotel (same as always...) near Clackamas Town Center, Sunday June 6th from 9-5 Usually a few cool things....

Steve E

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim:
            I live near Seattle - is that show going to be worth the 3hr haul?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Tim -

I suspect that it will be more worth me driving up to USACG and hooking up for a beer with you & Tommy [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Then again - the more people that stay away, the more chance I have to score the inevitable treasures that will be there.

Steve E

Comment

What is USACG???
              I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

I' going up to P-town on the 5th for a Velvet Revolver concert....maybe I'll stick around for the guitar show.

Comment

Working...
                X