Gig Stories!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gig Stories!

So I know that some folks around here are gigging right now or at least have played gigs in the past so there has to be some awesome stories from playing shows at places. We started getting into this in another thread but I have a particularly good story that just happened a few hours ago.

We just played a gig down in Seattle in the Pioneer Square area at a killer bar called Doc Maynards (check it out if you're in the area and into rock or metal). The gig went really well as opposed to the last gig we did in Tacoma which was an abortion. So we went off through our set and at our slower song I see someone run up to the stage wearing a wide brimmed hat and a white shirt, then all the sudden the guy is posing in front of us and giving people his camera to take pictures of us while he does the thumbs up and peace sign. In the back of my mind I sort of imagined it being some crazy drunk person but it turns out that it was an Asian tourist who was having a grand ole time and one of my friends who was in attendance snapped a photo of him after she took a picture with his camera.

The photo is grainy and some people might be sceptical as to why he looks so different from us, but I can assure you that it is legit. I'm doing my best cousin it impression while playing on my white Jackson Rhoads. The pickups in it are starting to grow on me! The other guitar player unfortunately went to the dark side and just recently bought an ESP LTD DV8.

If that wasn't enough, during the band after us two elderly folks came in, one put his head down and just started moving his arms around to the metal and the other one started doing senior citizen water aerobics... Waving her arms all around like a windmill and then doing the twist. It was quite amusing!

So lets here it... Where are the gig stories!?

Re: Gig Stories!

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] good stuff man ! ... we had a old dude and a old striper type of chick get up and dance shaking there asses to a haunted type of tune we did when we were playing at a pub once . got it on video and everything . I could barly stop laughing when I saw them I had to keep my head down other wise I would have cracked up , the worst though was when we got to the slow chunky part at the end of the song she totolly started doing the striper boogie like 2 feet away form me [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] she was as old as my mom or something , very funny shit , if she got to close I was gonna smack her with the jackson headstock on my RR ex that I had at that time . [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] thumbs up [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      what exactly is that thing in front of his belly?

Comment

Thats just his stash of microwave popcorn, of course. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Originally posted by xjimmyleungx:
          [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] thumbs up [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          what exactly is that thing in front of his belly?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not too sure actually.. My guess is that its something he bought in Seattle and tucked into his shirt since it wouldn't fit in his fannypack (or however that thing is spelt)

Comment

Funny Stuff!

The only story I have to share is from the first show with my current band. We were playing a small club which has a pretty small stage. We’re a six piece band so there wasn't a lot of room on the stage. I was standing just behind the singer; he’s an energetic guy and I guess I was standing a little bit too close because at one point during the second song we played he whipped his back and got it caught in the headstock of my guitar. I ripped the headstock out of his hair and kept on playing, I didn’t know what else to do. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Somehow this all happened around the same time there was a pause in the song so it didn’t even screw us up too much.

Here's a picture from that show.

Comment

Here's some good ones from my post a while back.
              http://www.jcfonline.com/cgi-bin/ult...;f=17;t=003557

Comment

Heh... Yep.. My other band had a very interesting incident at our first show. I play bass in the band and I was right next to one of the guitar players during a big / heavy part of one of our songs in true 80's metal style and he just abruptly decided to start circular headbanging and his entire head of hair went right into the headstock and got caught. So he turns to me and yanks his hair out of the headstock and turns to me and flips me off on stage (how professional).

Comment

i need about 4 pages for one of many
                  disasters from the past.
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                  X