Funny Fed-X story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny Fed-X story

I work for Olympic Boat Centers, well We took a 45ft bayliner in on trade and the salesman forgot to get all the stuff off that boat and put it in the owners new boat, Being the parts guy that means I have to ship this stuff to the owner from here is Seattle to Canada. Well one of the things was this "inflatable" raft. Well inflatable to me means you have to blow it up, not this one. This boat is like presserized to blow up as the boat is sinking, well I got a call this morning saying that the inflatable life raft I sent Blew up on the convayer belt at Fed-X's oakland plant. I guess this thing was just going down and all of a sudden POW this boat just blows up since it's filled with gas. They wanted to fine us like thousands of dollors but if I can get it out of oakland today they won't fine me. I would've payed to see that thing go off on the line, that had to be funny.
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Re: Funny Fed-X story

I just learned more about this damn thing, I guess it's coastguard mandated to fully blow up in under 3 sec, and this thing was 12ft long. The cylinder presser of the co2 is at the 3000 psi. That would sucked if a guitar was following it on the line

Comment

Man that is a funny image in me head. That had to be hilarious to see!

Chuck
      "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Guess you didn't read the fine print...duhhhhhhh

[img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The Image I had was if they make a Tera Patrick Doll like that, but could you see one of those going up the ramp. Not for me of course:tongue:
          ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

I was just told to ship it out of our building so the customer stops bitching, I told my Mgr. "I don't think this will work". He said just ship it. and I said ok. It has everyone in the dept laufging their ass off though. I guess it could've been really dangerous too.

Comment

Uh. Yeah. That *would* be pretty cool if some guys from Homeland Security or FBI come and detain your idiot manager for questioning! Now THAT would be cause for some office hilarity! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

They said if it would've gone off in the plane, we would be facing federal charges for shipping explosive cargo. I'm just a parts guy so when the head guy says ship it, I ship it.

Comment

I bet the guys and gals on the line wish they had the brown UPS uniforms to hide embarrassing stains after that!

Comment

Working...
                  X