• Show
Clear All

• Ronald Reagan has died

Reagan has passed away
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Re: Ronald Reagan has died

Wow [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

This is ironic...Krista and I were watching some of the D-Day Memorials earlier on one of news channels (I think CNN) and it had it flashing across the bottom of the screen that Ronald Reagan was the oldest living former President.

It is sad that he has died, but fortunate that he is no longer suffering from his terrible disease any longer.

Comment

RIP, Ronny! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

This sucks, sutff like this happens in 3's though

Last week Derek Frigo died, this week Pres. Reagan, next week ?????????
        I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Well, pols and rockstars are usually in different orbits, but if you want to mix 'em then Alex Nelson of Lizzy Borden died a couple of weeks ago; that'd make 3.

I agree, his passing is sad, but sadly it must be a relief for his family. Seeing the person you know and love disappear by inches is draining to the family.

RIP Mr. President. You beat down the USSR without firing a shot! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Well,what I am I supposed to do about it!!! Seriously. He was the Prez when a lot of you guys were kids. His conservative politics and his popularity may have spawned a lot of the bands that we know and love in the 80's. Reaction is good if you are not a Republican. Rock-on, George JR.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

More seriously. This is sad. I personally have been through a very simular situation with my dying wife, 38.(She has passed away) When the dying process goes on for years, it is almost a blessing when it ends. This applies to the living even more. He was the president of the United States and deserves respect.

Comment

Fett, I agree. He's the only pres in my life that I actually respected. so RIP Pres. Reagan
                I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

I agree with fett....when the process goes on for years and years...its almost a blessing in disguise knowing they are finally at rest. My grandfather died after his 10 year battle with Alzheimer's in 2002. Its really hard to sit and watch the man that basically raised you turn into virtually nothing. I can almost see Nancy sitting back and taking a deep breath, knowing her husbands fight is finally over and he no longer has to suffer.

Mrs LPC [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Enough of the morose stuff. He lived a long and spectacular life. Let's have a thought for him and condolences for his family. You watch. Nancy will be straight-up and uplifting.

Comment

RIP Mr. President.

Whatever your political views - right, left, or none of the above - the man accomplished some great things. He may have left us, but the fruits of his labors, particularly in foreign policy, will continue to be felt for generations. And, for that, there are a great many of us who owe him thanks.

Comment

WOW!!!! You guys can get serious. As an old fart, 54 this Aug, I want to hear more. "They did produce brains after 1969!!!" By the way, I am listening to "Born to be wild" on my 30 something son's radio.

Comment

Originally posted by fett:
                          More seriously. This is sad. I personally have been through a very simular situation with my dying wife, 38.(She has passed away) When the dying process goes on for years, it is almost a blessing when it ends. This applies to the living even more. He was the president of the United States and deserves respect.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sorry to hear about your wife... This is a terrible and sad disease and as was said will be a relief for the family and all who cared for him.
                          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

My wife died of MS. If there was ever a desease for which to find a cure this is it. It's worse that Alzheimer's because it hits so early in life and the suffering is beyond comprehension. At least, President Reagan lived a long life.

Comment

Originally posted by fett:
                              WOW!!!! You guys can get serious. As an old fart, 54 this Aug, I want to hear more. "They did produce brains after 1969!!!" By the way, I am listening to "Born to be wild" on my 30 something son's radio.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] My Mom and Dad regard me as another Alex P. Keaton (Family Ties) having come from a Democrat Labor Union (IBEW) Family. So see, we can all get along by using our brains. After all, it was IBEW Union that helped put me through college. Nothing but respect for Reagan, for he is the reason the Cold War is over.

Comment

Working...
                              X