Ronald Reagan has died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ronald Reagan has died

yeah, that trickle down effect worked wonders...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sarcasism ?? Did you know that total tax revenue more than doubled during the Reagan administration? That has never happened in any eight year period. Proof is in the numbers. Did you also know that all but one of Reagan's budget proposals were increased on an average of something like 20% each time by the liberal Congress, yet Reagan always gets blamed for the National Debt.

All I ask is people get the facts from more than one source.

Matt

Comment

I graduated high school in 1981, not long after Reagan became president. Let me tell you, going from Jimmy Carter to Ronald Reagan was like going from night to day. Under Carter, it was almost to the point that people were ashamed to be Americans. The economy sucked, there were no decent jobs, and the USA was being picked on by everyone from Iran to (insert tiny banana republic here).

Enter one Ronald W. Reagan. Iran immediately released the hostages after 444 days of "negotiating" with Jimmy Carter. Muammar Gadafi had offered "refuge" to terrorists in Libya. That is, until Reagan sank his navy. The terrorists in Grenada took some American college students hostage. That is, until Reagan sent troops in to free them. Reagan called the Soviet Union the "Evil Empire" and said that Gorbachev was a liar. No negotiation, no apologies, no bullshit. Reagan was, by far, the greatest president of my lifetime.

Matt, you hit the nail on the head. Trickle-down economics was the greatest boost to our economy EVER. Combined with lower taxes, it brought the American economy out of the shadows.
      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by tmdiamond:
        What a sad, sad, day....Can't really explain it but I cried when I saw the paper this morning. Didn't know til a couple of hours ago so it caught me off guard. He was somewhat of an idol of mine when I was in junior high and high school. My friends and family always referred to me as the one who thought Ronald Reagan was the greatest President of the United States, bar none. The planet as we know it may not even exist now were it not for his policies, charisma, compassion, and decidedly firm stance. He flexed U.S. muscle without making us look like a bully and potentially saved the world from the great bear.
        ANd what a terrible disease! Say what you will about Nancy but just imagine how sad and depressing it must be to have your spouse no longer know you. Thank God he is free of that hell that he didn't deserve. And now she can focus on the good memories of a great , great man. God Bless You Mr. President.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow. All my feelings exactly.

my tribute.....
        I felt a great loss when I heard the news. I certainly feel the possibility that most of the world owe their lives to his extraordinary leadership & diplomatic skills. Domestically he did as good as we could ever hope for a Commander in Chief to do...with his highly successful economic & social policies and his charismatic demeanor he certainly helped keep a nation at ease through very stressful times. He ended one of the most significant & volatile conflicts in human history without firing a shot.

Although I was only 12 when he left office I was well aware of the impact he had made on the world. He was genuine, sincere, successful & gutsy in manys eyes. The epitome of what many Americans hope to achieve in their lives.

RIP Mr. President [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
          yeah, that trickle down effect worked wonders...
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

how tasteful [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Speaking of trickle-down economics... if you'll remember, the liberal media originally called it "Reaganonomics." This was a jab at his economic policies. History now clearly shows that he was RIGHT!

They also called his Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI) project the "Star Wars" defense. Another jab at the man. Guess what? The freaking Soviet Union FELL because of it! Don't believe it? Just ask Margaret Thatcher.

The libs never gave the man a break when he was in office. Now we clearly have history showing his policies for what they really were: common sense!

God bless Ronald Reagan!

Comment

Check out this Letter to the Editor that was published in this morning's Washington Post:

"None of your articles mention the millions of people in the world who have been infected or killed by HIV/AIDS because of the the initial inaction of Mr. Reagan. "The Great Communicator" could have done wonderful things to control this disease at its inception but chose not to. That is also his legacy."

[img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

I don't know which is worse. The person writing it or the Post printing it.

Another example of the compassion of liberalism.

Comment

Originally posted by fritzreiser:
                Check out this Letter to the Editor that was published in this morning's Washington Post:

"None of your articles mention the millions of people in the world who have been infected or killed by HIV/AIDS because of the the initial inaction of Mr. Reagan. "The Great Communicator" could have done wonderful things to control this disease at its inception but chose not to. That is also his legacy."

[img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">oh god, quit whining and go watch Hannity. [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Comment

Unfortunately you are always going to have a certain percentage of people who will dwell and capitalize on the negative rather than expound on the positive aspects.

IMO, President Reagan did more for the American people and the government in general than many presidents prior to his office. He had a very strong sense of "right is right and wrong is wrong" leadership style which won people and countries over. At the same time, he had a strong conviction in his beliefs and would not back down.

It is easier to be an armchair quarterback and say "well, I would have done this" or "I would have done XXX" but the truth of the matter is that being President, although you are essentially the most powerful person on the planet, what a weight that must be to carry.

To realize you are responsible for hundreds of millions of lives and be essentially the CEO of the USA is an incredible thing for me to fathom.

People can take all the shots at the former President all they want, and unfortunately they will continue to do so, but what would they or you or I have done?

Comment

Magic Johnson did the same thing to George Bush SR. Bashed him for not speaking out much about Aids, meanwhile he spent something like 3 times as much or more on aids research than he did on Cancer reseach.

Matt

Comment

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by fritzreiser:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">oh god, quit whining and go watch Hannity. [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dude, seriously, go start a liberal "I hate conservatives" thread and do your bashing there. It's childish and disrespectful to come into a thread meant to be a tribute to someone alot of people consider to be one of the greatest presidents in US history. From the lack of substance in what you are saying it just looks like you're trying to start a flame war where it doesn't belong.......

Comment

The Ronald Reagan Rap
                        Laying flowers on the grave of the Waffen SS,
                        Straight playing Jimmy Carter and cleanin up his mess,
                        You're an old school shoota,
                        Central America booty loota,
                        Poppin collas and stabbin Y,
                        Droppin' dollas on SDI.

Cuz you was a crowd pleasa,
                        Straight squeeza,
                        If you was a liberal we didn't needja,

Secret wars in eighty trizzay,
                        Runnin' up in Nicarizzay,
                        Orderin' M1s to keep the communizzays bizzay,
                        Pullin' more voters than Proposition: Free Money,
                        Got corporate niggas thinkin' you the Easter Bunny,
                        Niggas know Reaganomics got they up side sunny.

Cuz you was a shot calla,
                        Big balla,
                        Fuck term limitations and let me hear yah holla

Got more Tech 9s than a plane full a crips,
                        You the one dealin and winnin' all the chips,
                        Mondale bought it,
                        Ferraro's husband got an audit,
                        While you be smokin' up a tree,
                        Olly North be swingin' on it.

Cuz you loved you some jelly beans,
                        Nancy's helpin' troubled teens,
                        Had your niggas runnin' up in House Ways and Means

Shout out to Gingrich and the Hardballas,
                        Big ups to Froze Out Bush Senior,
                        And straight out love to all my niggas in the Camp David in the sky.

-somethingawful.com

Comment

I aint trying to start shit.

I would rather have the news stations respecting the men who fought on D-Day than a dead president however. Waste of my News channels.

Comment

I aint trying to start shit.

I would rather have the news stations respecting the men who fought on D-Day than a dead president however. Waste of my News channels.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">later

Comment

There is alays someone who hates Reagan for not holding out a big government nipple for them to suck on and pat them of the back and tell them everything will be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear:
                                Magic Johnson did the same thing to George Bush SR. Bashed him for not speaking out much about Aids, meanwhile he spent something like 3 times as much or more on aids research than he did on Cancer reseach.

Matt
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You know, I've always been a bit suspicious of the Magic Johnson "AIDS" thing. (Donning my flame suit) Does he really have AIDS, or did the AIDS crowd just want a popular spokesman?

Comment

Working...
                                X