Double bass technique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double bass technique

For all of you who play the drums...whats the best way to play double bass drums? Lifting each leg off the ground and hitting the pedal, or keeping your feet on the ground, and moving at the ankle? Just curious, im trying to improve my drumming skills, but by bass pedal area kind of lacks.

Re: Double bass technique

I've seen people go to insane tempos with their feet kinda glued to the pedal as well as the kind that lift the back of their feet. Whatever floats your boat, I guess, I'm not a drummer though. Just what I've seen.

Comment

Well my kid is nine and he fuckin' flys on his kicks ...let me ask him...

Vinny says if you pick up your legs it's a lot slower ..he just uses his feet ..

Economy of motion ..I guess. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Cool, thanks man.

Comment

Actually it depends on your physical ability - my ex-drummer could fly like a herd of stampeding cattle and he lifted his legs, others can do it just as well by only moving their feet.
          Me I just use two fingers on two different pads of the drum machine [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

As for me, I play doubles with toes and other parts of the foot, while heels are lifted up whole time.

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal:
              As for me, I play doubles with toes and other parts of the foot, while heels are lifted up whole time.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">what he said. My feet kind of do a bouncy thing when i'm sitting and move them so that they're kind of tip toed. it's much faster than trying to stomp teh shit out of the pedals.

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal:
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The way Lars do. Look at Metallica's videos.

Comment

heels and toes... that's where its at.

Comment

Whenever I play my drum set (which isn't much these days) I keep my heels on the pedal and just use the rest of my foot and toes.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                    X