The trouble with "Artistes" is....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The trouble with "Artistes" is....

They wear their fucking emotions on their fucking sleeves and can't take it when someone is not kissing their ass! [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Ok, as I've mentioned a few times over, I use a program called "Poser" to do 3D human figure work (wallpapers of scantily clad chicks holding Jacksons, images and animations of chicks doing dirty things to one another ( [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] ) etc etc), and since I cannot create my own models, I rely on the rather large Poser community to provide those things I don't have, like clothes and hair models, since there are literally as many modellers out there as there are guitar strings in here [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ok, so of course over the last few years, community boards break off into other similar boards all focused on the same thing, just from as many varied perspectives as you can find in any art form. Only a few are worth the effort, of course, and one of the top 3 gets the honor of my regular perusal, especially the online stores (which if you want it, you gotta buy it - shameless greedy artists [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) because the quality of the work is great, especially the hand-painted skin textures.
    Well, one of the biggest gripes I've had with the 3rd party offerings over the last few years is the total lack of clothing that fits over anything except the standard figures (which are as plain-jane as you can get). Me, I got no use for an A-cup, or a woman with skeeter-bumps on her chest. I prefer to ogle the big fat falsies that never sag but always look ready to spooge over no matter what outfit they're popping out of, so of course all the female figures I use in my "doings" are C-Class and beyond.
    Unfortunately, the people that make the clothes for the figures have overwhelmingly neglected to make said clothes morphable to match the actual figure's morphs, and they've been that way since 1998.
    I could do it all myself, but then I ain't out makin my own Jacksons, right? Why bother, when someone else already is, and they already have the product that just needs to be updated?

So I stop in and ask (in my usual non-ass-kissing manner) why after the last 6 or more years have the people who make these clothes not thought about adding the matching morphs for the figure they are targetting?
    And then they all got pissy. I offered them money, and they got even more pissy.
    I did mention that I was not looking for Lord Of The Rings or other Fantasy items, but rather normal "real world" stuff that normal people (not Fashion Models in Paris, but you know - you, me, yer mom, etc) wear, but like, with the same morphs the figure has so their tits and asses aren't poking through, and they're not wearing something 2 sizes too big or small.
    After the pissiness calmed down, someone mentioned that there's plenty of stuff in the online store (yeah, 1600 items with the shittiest search setup I've ever seen, and talk about lack of info - "Jackson guitar. Blue in color." is a fucking novel compared to some of this stuff.)
    So I ask for a list of items in the store that meet my meager requirements, and they mention the wonderful array of Fantasy accessories offered by so-and-so and the truly dreamy textures for such-and-such morphing Empire gown [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
    I then repeat myself in that I do not want Fantasy outfits and Empire gowns, and they accuse me of causing trouble [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
    I then state I'd pay for add-on morph packs for the existing items that I do have, as well as the ones I'd like, if only they had the morphs, and I get nothing but whiny pissy b1tching from a bunch of whiney pissy b1tchers, including some old guy who felt compelled to tell me that "in the real world, people like you would have been fired long ago" - what, because I don't speak in reverent tones?

Buncha damn fucknuts [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The sad part; I knew all these people about 5 or 6 years ago before I left the art sites to pursue music in a band, and they're still a bunch of pissy whiney b1tches [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: The trouble with "Artistes" is....

Originally posted by Newc:
    The sad part; I knew all these people about 5 or 6 years ago before I left the art sites to pursue music in a band, and they're still a bunch of pissy whiney b1tches [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Now we know where you get it from... [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: The trouble with &quot;Artistes&quot; is....

you're talking about a field that is infamous
      for it's limp wristed attributes.
      what were you doing in there?
      i can't picture it-lol
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Do you wear a bra on your head while making your computer women? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        (Weird Science refrence)
        Sorry, I just couldn't stop myself. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

that movie was pulitzer prize wiining material [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Notice my tag line recently? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

chet is god -lol

Comment

Somebody needs to get out more often...and it ain't me! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well, what the hell do you expect from a bunch of Poser users? The name speaks for itself. For every ONE person that uses Posers in an interesting way (http://www.oyonale.com) there are a couple of THOUSAND dipshits that shove a nekkid chick on top of a Bryce rendered background and try to pass it off as art.

In short, do it your damn self. There are dozens of modeling programs out there that can import the things Poser exports, and several of them are free (http://www.wings3d.com http://www.blender.org). That's the shitty thing about Poser. You're completely reliant on what other people make, and no matter how long you use it you're still just a freaking Poser user with little to no USEFUL 3d skills.

Comment

Newc, I want to see some of your poser art! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

here's the full delivery shred,

chet- "hi girls, do you know what time it is?
                      time to pay the fiddler!! wait i've got it, how about a nice greazzy pork sandwich, served in a dirty ashtray?"

Comment

No, you don't! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Newc, that post was very reminiscent of "Pierre Bernard's Recliner of Rage".

Were you in a recliner while typing that? Did you at least have your feet on an ottoman? Inquiring minds want to know...

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy:
                            here's the full delivery shred,

chet- "hi girls, do you know what time it is?
                            time to pay the fiddler!! wait i've got it, how about a nice greazzy pork sandwich, served in a dirty ashtray?"
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Chet rules!

In a drunk slurry voice... "Look at his haircut. Anybody with a haircut like that gotta' be an asshole!" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Gosh Mike, I don't see why you don't like the program, personally. Is it because you consider it "cheating"? Like maybe using ready-made samples in loops like Rappers or Mobys and calling it "music"?

Pete - I'll throw up a few images and PM you a link - it's sick and twisted, though [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Newc
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X