Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with finding an adapter

Hey guys.
    Would anyone know what type of adapter i would need to connect my computer so that i can run my television as a monitor? My tv has a much larger screen and a much better sound system...excellent for playing war games. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Help with finding an adapter

Is this what you atre looking for?
    http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...t%5Fid=25-3085

Comment

Your TV screen may be larger, but unless you have an HDTV compatible television, converting your computer's output to a signal your TV can display will result in a very low resolution image.

Having said that, even most HDTVs will only have electronics capable of displaying an image with a horizontal scan rate of 31.5 kiloHertz, which is what a VGA (640x480) signal runs at; this is still probably much lower res than your computer monitor is capable of.

Most HDTVs display a signal format called "1080i", which has 1,080 active interlaced lines of video. The resolution of this image is 1920 pixels by 1080 pixels. But, these televisions only display half of the vertical information at once (they "interlace" the two halves of the image together so quickly the eye does not see it) so they can use a slower scan rate (31.5 KHz) than computer monitors, which display "progressive" (non-interlaced) images. For reference, an SXGA siganl requires the display monitor to be capable of 64 KHz scan rates; twice what most HDTVs are capable of. XGA requires 45 KHz or so, and SVGA requires about 38 KHz.

- E.
      Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

english translation please? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

The picture will look like shit through bad glasses.
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Hit your local Best Buy, Circuit City (or what ever). Look over by the video cards - tons of products to do what you need. AverKey is a popular brand, can put up to 1024x768 on yer TV.

$75 and up.
            750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
            Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Originally posted by fett:
              The picture will look like shit through bad glasses.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Pretty much.

- E.
              Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

ok. I get it now. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X