No announcement yet.

Expose your JCF bruthas to a new band!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Expose your JCF bruthas to a new band!

Mephiskapheles - God Bless Satan
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by jeff300
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't know about their tunings, but yes I think they are Fripp disciples.
      They often opened for Fripp and King Crimson quite often. I saw them in the mid 90's (i think it was '97) opening for Crimson and they did a very nice version of Tocatta & Fugue in Dm.

Comment

Holy Thread Resutrrection, Batman... is the JCF built on an old Indian Burial Ground

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
          Holy Thread Resutrrection, Batman... is the JCF built on an old Indian Burial Ground
          I think so. That said, I saw Brand New Sin when they warmed up for CoC and Motorhead a year or so ago. They rocked.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Oomph!
            Dido
            Ministry
            KMFDM
            Einterzine Neubaten (I know I butchered the spelled)
            Front 242
            Pig
            Frontline assembly
            Mindless Faith
            Mindless Self Indulgence

Comment

Tribe of Gypsies is the only thing that springs to mind that many of you may have not heard before. Roy Z is the guitar player who also does Dickison and Halford's solo stuff as well as produces for bands like Helloween. He is a monster that can just destroy on the guitar and can write some of the best latino hard rock you could ever imagine. Get the albums Revolucion 13 or Nothing Lasts Forever to get a real good taste of them.

Beyond them, I would recommend Pagan's Mind or Eidolon for great new melodic power metal.
              "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Pagan's Mind must been one of the most talked about bands on the JCF recently. A bunch of people (me included) just discovering them. There was a recent thread on Jorn Viggo Lofstad in the Artists section.

for some reason Eidolon don't really push my buttons. They're all capable enough, otherwise Glen Drover wouldn't have scored gigs with King Diamond & Megadeth, but the songwriting leaves me cold. I checked them out a few years ago after John posted pics of the Drovers visiting him & Bill in his basement and jamming on his gear.

A couple of bands that I've just gotten into that I could recommend (and that I've never seen discussed here) are:

Ram-zet - my buddy down my regular CD store recommended them. He described them as Meshuggah-like riffs with Lacuna Coil-style vox. The chick singer has a lovely timbre to her voice, the guy singer does death vox (more beauty-and-the-beast than LC ) as well as tearing off the odd cool guitar solo, and there's even some electric violin thrown in!

Jacob's Dream - found it in the discount bin and thought I'd take a punt on them. I figured from the CD cover these guys would be some kind of prog or gay anthemic metal, but they are just good old fashioned old school straight ahead metal. And they do it well. If you're into 80s metal

Elwing - Greek Power Metal!! These guys are pretty good. Picked up their second album, War, and was impressed. Check 'em out!
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Very cool to see a bunch of bands that I dig being mentioned like Crumbsuckers, Front Line Assembly (going to see them next week), Minor Threat, Mars Volta, etc. As well I have found a SHITLOAD of stuff to check out. Thanks!

Here's a few that have been turning my crank lately:

Scott Hinkson - a buddy of mine who just released his first CD. www.scotthinkson.com

The Hellacopters - Their new single "Everything Is On TV" is one of the coolest rock tunes I've heard all year! http://www.hellacopters.com/

Danko Jones - Hard Rockin Danko writes some damn catchy tunes. www.dankojones.com

Wintersun - I'm a huge Ensiferum fan, and I have no idea why I waited so fucking long to buy this CD. Jari Mäenpää was the lead guitarists for Ensiferum, and plays EVERYTHING except drums on the debut album. Fucking incredible player - all guitarists should check him out. He does neo-classical, shred, and had amazing feeling and can write some damn good songs. http://www.wintermadness.net/
                  THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Mundane

The Big F
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                    X