Harmony Central Discussion Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harmony Central Discussion Forums

Does anyone here participate in them? Specifically, the amp forum?

Is there any useful info to be gained from seaching over there? Seems to me like there is a ton of bickering on that amp forum. I was looking at a thread about the Engl Powerball yesterday and it turned into a pissing contest about some guy called EVH_Sound. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

What gives?

Re: Harmony Central Discussion Forums

I've been meaning to check out Harmony Central myself.

Comment

I've posted over there on occasion for a couple of years. Overall, it's a very "childish" board, but the good thing is that it has about a bazillion members and you can get a question answered pretty quickly.
      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Childish isn't the word.

That forum is the single most useless thing I've ever seen. Typical thread titles might include (not real titles, but close enough to what you'll find)

I just picked a booger
        Lars is gay
        Do your farts smell?
        Gum is good
        Last night I touched a boobie
        Do you like Hitler?
        Emo...more like "HOmo"
        I could go for a poptart
        Boners are funny
        My social studies final was really really hard
        Has anybody ever heard of the band "Def Leppard?"

Don't bother registering. Just run far far away.

Comment

Hmm. I may remove that site from my list of places to check out.

Comment

I've never thought much of the place, myself. I see tons of people raving about it (particularly the reviews section) but it seems too much like Guitar.com's forums (f'n children everywhere) - and the Classifieds are a joke - no pics, no background/rating info for the various sellers - far too easy to end up dealing with ER, or Vince [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I go there almost as often as the JCF, as I actually enjoy some of the political threads, as absurd as they are. I also try to correct some of the inaccurate Jackson/Charvel info that gets posted from time to time. As far as the amp forum is concerned, I don't spend much time there.
              sigpic

Comment

Most of the "Bush is a commie" and "I humped my wife's sister" threads are on Open Jam. There are actually some decent and informative posters on the individual forums like Guitar Jam, Effects, etc...
                Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

I try to lurk once every couple of days, but more for the fun of it. There are so many loozers there, its just incredible. Back about 500 years ago, Eurpeans would take tours of the nut house, like it was a freak show. Harmony Central is like that for me. The reviews are a riot as well..............

Comment

What I like about JCF is that if I have a question, I get an answer within 24 hours. HC forums is not that accurate and even people who are there aren't that down to earth.

I have some unpleasant experiences with HC so I don't visit the forum anymore.
                    I think here are so many people that can answer all your and mine questions regarding guitars and other musical gear.

Comment

Overall, pretty useless. Too many useless posts. I posted a few times but you really have to wade through a bunch of crap. If I'm researching a product I just use the board's search function and see what turns up. Way too much misinformation on there but occasionally something useful turns up.

The Huge Racks and Tone Merchants boards often have good information.

Comment

I've been a member there for a few years, but I hardly post there. I think I've got less than 300 posts. Some people obviously know nothing and feel the urge to post what they "think" they know, when they don't even have a clue! It gets childish pretty quickly, but there are some informative members there that do help out.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I go there on and off but it seems there is a new amp of the month over there every other month. They'll rave about it for 30 days then talk bad about it. The powerball is a great amp though as I had 1 but sold it for a uber. Uber is king.The rest of the site (especially the user reviews) is a joke.

Comment

I went back and did some searches on the Powerball on that site. That guy, EVH_Sound trashes the Powerball on each one of those threads. The guy has been a member for 6 months and has over 2000 posts. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            Seems like half of that forum wants to beat his @ss!

He is amusing, though.

Comment

Working...
                            X