Last nights adventure.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last nights adventure.....

Last night Mr LPC and I had a "dining in" to attend at one of the resorts down on the beach. 30 bucks a freaking plate, and the food wasnt all that great either. Anyway, you would have thought the queen of freaking England was in town. I mean, decked out in a ball gown and all. Talk about uncomfortable. After dinner, the "guest of honor" talked about 45 minutes to an hour about his time in the Marine Corps back in the day. When he finished, the fines started...Marines were jumping up left and right to fine others for petty, stupid stuff. It was pretty funny though, I have to admit. They managed to raise over 200 in fines alone (Mr LPC just put in a 10 and called it even). After the fines were over, and all the little speeches were over and Mr LPC reenlisted 2 gunnys, "Mr & Mrs Vice" went to the bar and hit it HARD and said the bar is open....the 200 raised from the fines went to pay the bar tab...I had never seen so many Marines run at once [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] The only "bad" thing about the night was the couple we went with. That was the longest half hour ride home EVER!!! The Marines wife was actually AFRAID of the thunderstorm warning we had, and actually thinks that a thunderstorm will kill her son. I understand mothers worry about their babies, but she worries about stuff that would be a gazillion to one chance of happening. Other than that it was a fairly nice evening. As soon as I bring the digi cam in, I will post a pic of the LPC's all decked out....

Mrs LPC

Re: Last nights adventure.....

Okay I found the pics....

And, last but by no means least, the dealerships mascot, Joe [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

lookin' sharp as a tack you two.
      i gotta tell ya though, i could use a lightning bolt through my head.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Thats just not even funny....I swear I came up with a few dozen perfect murders last night...

Oh BTW...the other guy in the pics is my boss Ski

Mrs LPC

Comment

Lookin sharp Mistah! You too Mrs. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I must admit that you guys have the sharpest dress uniform. Mine makes me look like I fly for United. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Damn, now I've suddenly got the urge to watch "Full Metal Jacket". "This is my rifle, this is my gun.............." [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
          My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Originally posted by mhalsey:
            Damn, now I've suddenly got the urge to watch "Full Metal Jacket". "This is my rifle, this is my gun.............." [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Man....I can't watch that movie...it brings back too many horrible memories from bootcamp. That was the longest 4 months of my life!!

I love the Marine Corps with everything that I am, but honestly, if I had it to do over again, I don't think I'd go this route [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

Full Metal Jacket's beginning is actually very realistic of what the recruits go through. It is just one intense experience that defies description.

I still remember the chaos and confusion on the day our DI's "picked our platoon up" and the officers left. All Hell broke loose. I remember thinking, "Sam, you idiot, what the fuck did you do this time [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] "

Our "heavy" DI said, "Officers are gentleman, we are not....".....with that said, I just knew it wasn't gonna be a good time [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

Here is a funny story. A buddy of mine in our platoon was named Basso. This guy was hysterical (sort of like a junior Atomic Noodle [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) and he had these HUGE, and I mean HUGE ears...I mean, Dumbo would bow to him and follow him around all day and twice on Sundays. Whenever our DI's had something to say, they'd say "EARS" and we'd all shout "open Sir"...well, poor Basso, he had to say "here Sir". It was a riot. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ June 20, 2004, 05:53 AM: Message edited by: LesPaulCustom ]

Comment

i can't remember the damn name of the day, but it was when alla' you cats in the Service were in NYC... it was Memorial Day, but it was _______ something as well, i just can't remember. Either way, my buddy, Pvt. No Class [he's enlisted in the Army, shippin' out Sept. 7th or so, and i remember sayin' to him before, "so what's the deal with the rankings? what's the highest you can jack ya' ass up to w/o goin' to college?" he went through the list 'n when he hit "Pvt. First Class," i cut him off 'n went, "whoa whoa whoa. that's not for you my fine fuckin' friend. tell ya' what Red Baron [cat's got red hair out the wazoo, he looks like a Syracuse Orangeman on his chin], ya' fuckin' Pvt. No Class from now on ya' scurvy fuck!"] were sittin' on the train, 'n this Marine walks on behind his wife and child. Black family (it serves a purpose to point this out), the uniforms always made me just kinda' sit with more respect than most, but anyway, so here i am, sittin' there like a uh, how you say, "very very guido," according to most. i'll explain farther down.* my buddyflip next to me in his fatigues [why he has them, i don't know... probably went to the fuckin' uhhh Cheap John's and bought a pair for $1], and this "gangsta'" cuts right infront of the Marine. by doin' this... he walked right inbetween the man and his wife. oooo wee, i hvaen't seen a fist clenched that hard in a long time man. all i can tell ya' is, my boot happened to be sticking out at that moment 'n this cat fell forward a few seats. too bad the Marine stepped on him or else i think i mighta' gotten' a talkin' to of sorts. either way, i went out drinkin' with the guy later on. nice guy. wish i could remember his name, but nice guy none the less...

just figured i'd share this. the uniform reminded me. ...as far as the attire i was in goes... my cream dress pants, light blue shirt with the top two buttons open, beater showing, two necklaces [one with a St. Michael's Shield and a Jewish 'heigh'? not sure of the spelling... for good luck], a watch on the left wrist, and two bracelets on my right. all of the jewelry is solid gold, 24k Yellow. oh yeah... the hair? it was slicked back if that accounts for anything. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] seeing as how i just opened myself up to many many comments... let 'em roll fella's!

Comment

Hmmm...I read that twice and STILL dont understand it...

Mrs LPC

Comment

If it is any consolation Mrs LPC....me either [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

Comment

Ah...so you CAN login today.... ummm...you forgot the cell and your cookies this morning...hmmmm

Mrs LPC

Comment

Off topic: when do marines and other highly respected soldiers have to wear military suit?
                      We don't have any marines or something like that, so I am not familiar with this.

Are there occasions that he has to wear it or it's the matter of personal decision?

I always wanted to know that. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Hmmm...good question. I dont know, I know he wears his blues to the Marine Corps Ball, to the Dining In/Mess Night like we went to the other night. He also has a green set of something thats a dress uniform, I dont know the name of it, and he wore it to court with me when we had the custody thingy going on. Its really strange though, he cant wear cammies outside of work for any reason, unless to do banking, and I think it has to be at a credit union. Other than that, they will get busted for wearing cammies or PT gear out in town. Other branches of the service can wear cammies to bars to freaking wally world, anywhere they want. So, I dont really know the answer to your question, but he wears his blues MAYBE twice a year, and the others just every now and then....hell I dont know, he will have to answer this question.

Mrs LPC

Comment

Originally posted by LesPaulCustom:
                          Ah...so you CAN login today.... ummm...you forgot the cell and your cookies this morning...hmmmm

Mrs LPC
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Send the cell to him, send the Cookies to Chicago. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

You want my cookies???? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

are they nestle's tollhouse 38 double d's? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                              X