Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: South Korean hostage \'beheaded\'

Originally posted by nor:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Chameleonfong:
    WW III... With Nuclear weapons everywhere, this could even be the beginning to end of the human race...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nah - the bad guys don't have that kind of firepower. They will destroy a few cities, max. NYC, DC, London. Within a week of their inital strike, everything they know and love will be smouldering ash. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">well, that's a little too much to lose. already lost 3 friends, i don't want to lose my 4 sisters,3 brothers, mom, and two dozen nieces and nephews. press on, but press real hard.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Hey, Mods: Shrink this down so we can read it. As for you, NOR. What you just described in your diatribe is exactly the same way they feel. Your solution is to kill more of them than they do us? Well, you go first. What the radicals are doing is scaring us enough to do something stupid and thusly justify their position. It is not in their best interest to go head-to-head. They would lose. I personally think the 9-11 attack caused way more damage than they thought it would. I think they are scared shitless to try something of that magnitude again. But if they do, then you unleash the fury of the US. Not this Iraq bullshit. Our history has been to react, for the most part, and not to pre-empt. Having said all this, we are in a marsh with quicksand everywhere.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

This has been 'out of hand' since the late '70's. The free nations of Earth are just now awakening the the seriousness of the threat before us.

Deal with it now - little bangs.
        Deal with it later - lots of very large bangs, worldwide famine as a mild nuclear winter results from terrorists' detonating ground-level nukes, global economic depression and collapse.

The confrontation is inevitable.

The UK is right now discovering the cost of trying to work with the Mullahs. Every time the world offers them an olive branch, they consume it and demand another branch. Very soon, they will insist the tree was theirs to begin with.

Absolute dominion of Earth is a publicly stated goal of the Iranian government. Remember that.
        750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
        Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

No, Fett - my solution is to leave the UN, take out the Iranian mullahs and the Syrian/Lebonese leadership RIGHT NOW, and cease funding for all non-democratic nations.

The rest of the post was about what will probably happen if we do not do these things.
          Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by wulfe13:
            I don't believe its all political... I work with a middle eastern guy who is muslim. He is not a member of the Taliban or any terrorist group but his fundamental beliefs are the same. He absolutely hates Jews and believes that the U.S. freeing Iraq was a bad thing. He doesn't believe they should be free. He doesn't believe in any womens rights, and thinks the U.S. freeing Iraq will influence their society so that it is more like the U.S.
            What is really fucked up is that he is total coke head and smokes weed like it's goin outta style. He won't drink alcohol though because it's against his religion.
            He absolutely hates the U.S. for what we did in Iraq but he would never leave. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's exactly political, because al Qaida and their fellow travelers are very effective at harnessing your coworker's mindset and turning it into action. Multiply him by millions and you have the situation in the Middle East. Their hope is that they can enflame the Middle East so thoroughly that we cannot put out all the fires, so to speak.

The Islamofascists made a miscalculation with 9/11--they went too far and did something so bad that we had no choice but to take real action against them in Afghanistan, and now Iraq (regardless of whether Saddam had anything to do with 9/11, which he probably did not--though he did support terrorist groups). They were probably counting on 9/11 to rally support in the Arab world to allow them to take control. Up to that point, we had never seriously retaliated for terrorist attacks. And even as a Republican, I'll be the first to admit that Bush wouldn't have done diddly about an ongoing series of small attacks, just as Clinton didn't, because U.S. opinion wouldn't support it. Even now, three years after 9/11, public opinion is settling back down to the way it was before. I fear it will take something far worse to make the American populace truly interested--and that will have truly horrible consequences.

But despite that fuck-up by the Islamofascists, they remain a danger. They are still on the upswing, I believe, despite the damage we have done to al Qaida. Bin Laden has been marginalized, and that may have a long-term effect on the Islamofascist movement's ability to coordinate operations. But other leaders are already emerging to take his place.

Comment

Nor has it exactly right a couple of posts up: the confrontation is inevitible and the longer we wait to deal with it (both externally by killing off the problem's roots and internally by weaning ourselves off of imported oil) the more severe the consequences will be for the entire world.

One point where I differ though is that I think the worldwide economic collapse is coming long before any large scale exchange of nuclear weapons. The first terrorist nuke that goes off (and I agree with nor that we're probably not much more than 5 or so years from this) will precipitate a worldwide economic depression the likes of which we've never seen. None of the world's major currencies are backed by precious metals anymore, and the value of these fiat currencies resides merely in the confidence of those who hold them. When that confidence evaporates, stock markets will crash, and the world's fiat currencies will sink with them. The bad guys know this, even bin Laden's on record talking about it and he's no rocket scientist. As an alternative scenario, if the bad guys were to gain control of a few OPEC nations and simply shut down the flow of oil, the resulting surge in oil prices and the accompnaying inflation would accomplish a similar worldwide financial meltdown.

It's critical that we start taking down the leadership of both nations and groups on the other side or there will be some very dark days ahead for the world.
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Originally posted by fett:
                They never got over the Crusades.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't most Muslims really gave a shit about the Crusades until Osama and his crew started prattling on about them.

Shouldn't I, as a member of a Christian society, feel an equal anger about the Muslim conquest of Christian lands in the Middle East a couple of centuries before the Crusades? The obvious answer is "of course not--nobody should care about shit that happened 1300 years ago!" The Crusades are being used by the Islamofascists merely as a symbolic way to connect Arabs' current feelings of inferiority and helplessness viz-a-viz the West to something "bigger". Exactly the same thing Hitler did in 1930-33 during the Great Depression.

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion:
                  They are still on the upswing, I believe, despite the damage we have done to al Qaida. Bin Laden has been marginalized, and that may have a long-term effect on the Islamofascist movement's ability to coordinate operations. But other leaders are already emerging to take his place.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep and there's a political explanation for that as well. It's no secret that Arab society in particular and Islamic society in general are abject failures and it's no secret that there's been a lot of unrest in those societies because of that fact. Governments (particularly the Saudis) have for decades turned that anger outwards, first towards Israel and more lately towards the United States. What we're seeing now is both the inward motion of forces that had previously been facing outward and the selling of a belief that only a return to traditional Islam can "restore" the greatness of Islamic society. The former is the short form explanation for the internal terrorism and violence in Islamic societies today while the latter is responsible for the high degree of public support terrorists receive there. The easy part of this battle will be defeating the heads of state, mullahs & associated terrorists who are actively lashing out at us, the difficult part will be disabusing the populations who now see those actions as a right and correct path of their notions, particularly because those notions are rooted in their religion. Ugly situation.
                  Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

This whole ordeal makes me want to cry. I hate to watch the news..

I feel bad for all the children can you imagine what they must be thinking?

Thank you to our troops , and God bless

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne:
                      Nor has it exactly right a couple of posts up: the confrontation is inevitible and the longer we wait to deal with it (both externally by killing off the problem's roots and internally by weaning ourselves off of imported oil) the more severe the consequences will be for the entire world.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Or, we could just take possession of the oil. Which I suspect is what we will do within a couple of years when the Saudi government falls. There is a lot of oil left. Alternative energy sources are a great idea, but I see no reason to let the Islamofascists dictate anything to us on that point.

Now, I do agree that a terrorist nuke would precipitate a world economic crisis. However, as our country would immediately be on a World War II-style mobilization footing, it might not have the immediate impact that one would think.

Comment

The economy of the US would take a hit, but we have so much excess capacity we would be OK.

Europe, on the other hand, would not fare so well. The European economies are already stretched very thin.

The Asian powers would suffer greatly without plentiful US investment and/or subsidies.

South America, with the exception of the coast of Brazil, would decend into the dark ages.

In Central America, a -1&deg;F climate shift in the northern hemisphere would move the equatorial rain belt a few degrees south - resulting in a massive drought from Yucatan to Pamama.
                        ====

Or, we can just go kill the bastards now.

Comment

Hmmm, interesting thoughts nor. I've always thought that the big winners (at least in their own eyes) in the terrorist nuke / worldwide economic collapse might be the Chinese. At first glance it might appear that they'd lose bigtime due to the collapse of their export markets but if one were a Marxist and one was left standing with much of the world's industrial means of production, that would certainly look like a victory. Just a thought.

Comment

Production is useless without someone to consume what is produced.

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne:
                              Hmmm, interesting thoughts nor. I've always thought that the big winners (at least in their own eyes) in the terrorist nuke / worldwide economic collapse might be the Chinese. At first glance it might appear that they'd lose bigtime due to the collapse of their export markets but if one were a Marxist and one was left standing with much of the world's industrial means of production, that would certainly look like a victory. Just a thought.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If Aids or civil war don't kill the chinese, China might be the big winner. Even tho i'm a chinese but i'm not a big fan of China being the next super power country...

Fong

Comment

Nor -

I'm liking every word I'm reading from you. Very good info & ideas !

Comment

Working...
                                X