I can't do it!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't do it!!

OK, I really could use some cash right now to pay the bills until the next tour, so I went into the closet to dig out my Model 4 to sell on eBay(some dude just got over $400 for his, and mine is black in damn near perfect condition, with new frets/setup and all that jazz). I figured since it's sat in the closet for a few months without being played, I wouldn't miss it.

Then just to check it's playability, I plugged it it. Bad idea. Now I can't bring myself to sell it, I fell in love with it all over again. I originally bought this guitar for $100 with the intent to sell it for a profit, but after a week of playing it, I decided I couldn't sell it, so I sold my .357 instead. I'm not going to sell my .45(it's my last line of defense when the creditors come kick in my door), but I think I'll have to find another way to make some $.

Re: I can\'t do it!!

Smart move Ace...those Model series are great guitars for the money. Everyone should have one or two or 3 or 4 of them [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I have a hard time selling things too which why I don't do it, all you have to do is play it like you did and you'll change your mind [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I upgrade the pickups and trems and end up paying more for the upgrades than I did the guitar I have 4 of them and a couple mutts bodies with USA necks on them.
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

I need to get me some model series guitars. I'm all about super cheap guitars that sound and play fucking amazing.

Comment

I've got 2 Model series and one 650 Custom right now.

Comment

whats a 650 custom? that sounds interesting.

Comment

I know just what you mean. The deal with the wife that allowed me to pick up the US Fusion last year was that I would sell a few guitars to help finance it. I think I raised about $200 selling a couple of old P.O.S guitars and a couple of shitty pedals. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I got rid of 2 old pieces of plywood (a Vester & an Onyx), but couldn't bring myself to sell any of the Models.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh Avenged:
              whats a 650 custom? that sounds interesting.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Basically, a Charvel Model 6 with some updates. They were made between 1989-91. Effectively, it's a Japanese-made Soloist with rosewood fretboard.

Comment

Working...
              X