Velvet Revolver, take 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Velvet Revolver, take 2

Well, I went to the VR show the other night, after it was rescheduled due to "illness". I have to say that it was absolutely awesome. The band was tight as hell, and Slash was incredible. And, as much as Scott Weiland may be a waste of a human, he is one HELL of a showman! That guy was all over the place, and really getting into it with the crowd. He gave his cigarette to some audience member, and even took somebody's demo CD and gave it to Slash.
    Slash played mostly Les Pauls, but he also played his BC Rich Mockingbird and a BC Rich 10 string bich. At the end, he smashed one of em and threw the neck into the crowd-it was insane! Definitely one of the best show's I've been to. They cranked out 3 or 4 G N'R tunes, and the place went nuts...man, good band. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: Velvet Revolver, take 2

I heard one VR song so far and it certainly didn't pump my nads.....sounded like STP ....that's about it. [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

not that that's a bad thing but nothing to write my mommy about. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Glad to hear they rocked!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I got the V.R. CD over the weekend and I'm not too impressed.......
        It's nowhere near as good as the "Brides Of Distruction" (Nikki Sixx & Traci Guns band)

Comment

The production on the VR is so terrible. IT is so compressed or something I don't know it is just flat and squished. It ruins the disc which might be good if not for that. I actually love slash and I had high hiopes for this but it is not terrible but just average.....
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I didnt really think that it was that great of an album either, but the concert was pretty awesome. I was more or less just wanting to see some GN'R songs and Slash...

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo:
              The production on the VR is so terrible. IT is so compressed or something I don't know it is just flat and squished. It ruins the disc which might be good if not for that. I actually love slash and I had high hiopes for this but it is not terrible but just average.....
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I noticed that when I watched the video this morning, the CD seems a little too clean.

Comment

A good friend of mine who never misses a metal show said when they came to Chicago... Freakin awesome show man but you can't tell me Scott isn't gay. I know he has a wife or something but man he is gay
                I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I saw the video, and man, Scott looks so gay it's beyond my belief. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

These aren't good things..... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I love you guys ....keep it fucking metal!!!

if it ain't metal ......ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh fuck it!

Bill Z Balls [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

lord, scott and his ungodly pants in the video really, [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Comment

From what I hear about VR from you guys ....I guess it's best not to hear them.. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Did you know I used to jam with Gilby and Jamie Clark back in '85 in a metal cover band....a little piece of my stupid past ...but it's G N R related ...I think his mom liked me .....she was super friendly to me.... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Then Gilby was in a LA fag band called Candy ....very gay.....it was awesome! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I always like Slash but hated Axel (horrible fuckin' voice [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] )...Slash always had a good tone and feel....he was the only cool thing about G N R in my book.

When STP came out I just liked Alice in Chains so much better so I didn't give them much listen...

and I knew the best vocalist out of Seattle was Chris Cornell.....besides my boy Warrel! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I never liked STP, ever. Not that I've heard a lot from them though. As for Axl, I think he's beening sounding from excellent (It's so easy, Nighttrain, You Could Be Mine, Don't Damn Me, etc.) to good to ok up to UYI I&II, but goddammit, Spaghetti Accident has some of the most horrid vocal ever. Since I Don't Have You has probably one of the most annoying vocal ever. Fucking whiny pig. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

I like it. It sounds great in my car. I haven't tried on my home system yet. Good songs, good band, not great but worth the money.
                            www.kiddhavok.com
                            www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

but one thing that still baffles me is how he had such a high tenor voice, thats scratchy high thing... if you've ever heard him stalk, he's got that baritone voice and sounds normal...

it confuses me, just like dlr's falsetto screeches.

Comment

Working...
                              X