Worst child upbringing I've ever seen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst child upbringing I've ever seen

In my street, just two houses away, lives a young boy (aroung 12 years old) which is a big soccer and computer games mania.

Every since a while he rans to my place to record him some movies, cartoons, games and so on.
    I was always glad he came, because he could be damn funny, and for the child of his age he was totally cool, I have to admit.
    Tell me, would you say no to 12 years old boy, that was begging you to spent 5 minutes with him, just to record that bloody game he wants?

Okay, the same thing happened today. While I was recording his cd's, he noticed my Strat (because it's a fresh guitar in my line, and he noticed that) and asked me, if I can teach him to play something.
    Okay, we took the guitars and we were going from scratch. After half an hour of playing on dry (showing him basics) I told him to call home, just to make parents sure that he's safe and he'll be a little late. His parents said it's alright, but he didn't mention what we were doing.

Okay, then we tried to play it through the amp. Of course, he wanted to hear some distortion tones, which are so praised by children, who hear and see guitars and guitarist only on TV and radio.
    While we were "shredding" some Smoke on the Water interlude (he was giving me the G on one string [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ) someone rang the doorbell -> his parents.

I knew there will be troubles. Father, which weights app. 300 pounds, was yelling at me, why I teach his son such stupidity as guitar playing. He slapped his son, because he was holding the god damn guitar. I was in shock and I barely said anything. But I said him to slap me, not his son, or we can friendly sit down in the living room, have a coffee and discuss about guitar playing and hobbies in general.

My stepfather has done plenty of favors to this guy (his father) and when he came into the house, and the guy didn't know where to start looking for excuses. Finally he was telling something about they're planning a family trip, because today's our national day of liberty, so their son should be at home an hour ago.

When they left I talked to my stepfather (I am not pussy, because I am 19 years old now, but I didn't want to make a bad impression), but he told he heard everything the guy said (the window was open).
    He's totally on my side, so I have someone, that can prove I am right.

And to light a bigger fire, I heard the father of that boy one day yelling at the boy, telling him he's gay, just because his little sister (7 months old) woke up and started crying.

I knew this guy has some problems, but I didn't know he's a total idiot.

I didn't know that guitar playing is worse than taking drugs ... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Plenty of you have kids - share your opinion, please. I am feeling a little guilty, because boy is totally innocent and I feel sorry for him and how they treat him.

Re: Worst child upbringing I\'ve ever seen

That guy sounds like a total tool! I have 3 sons, and I love each and every one of them unconditionally. My advise to you is this. Continue to support the little guy, because it sounds like he needs it. Also, try to be upbeat in your opinion of his parents, and try not to bash them infront of the young man. I'm sure he already knows what a shithead his father is, and would just as soon try to escape his grip for alittle while, and try to enjoy some time away from them. Be as pleasent as you can to his parents (within reason) so that they will not mind him visiting you. It sounds like you can really make a difference in his life,if you can spend some time with him. It really breaks my heart when I hear of parents abusing, and mistreating there children. I could never do that. I hope this advise hits home with you, and makes some sense out of the situation.
    1990 Jackson Professional
    1992 Dean ML
    2004 Epiphone Flying V
    2005 Epiphone Dot
    2009 Fender Stratocaster
    2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
    2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
    2006 Fender P Bass
    2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
    1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
    1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
    Custom Pedalboard
    ADA MP1
    ADA FX2
    Tascam 2488

Comment

Immortal, does a day go by where you are not involved in conflict or controversy?
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Drop that fat fuck off a tall cliff.

Parents who treat kids like shit deserve to die.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim:
          Immortal, does a day go by where you are not involved in conflict or controversy?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So, you're acusing me again. I wonder what's the problem now. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm speechless. The guy hit is own son for PLAYING A GUITAR? [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
            That worthless piece of human waste. I can only imagine what he would do to the boy if he messed something up real bad. And that kind of treatment from his own parents is going to cause some serious problems for him. I hope you can report what happened somewhere or do something to help this poor kid.

As for the father... he doesn't deserve the right to have and raise children.

Comment

As sad as this situation is, there are others that are much worse. Pick up a newspaper in any large American city and you'll be affronted with a tale along the lines of 15 children living in squaller with only a moldy can of Spaghettio's to eat while the parents are nowhere to be seen. These are sad tales, but unfortunately it is the harsh reality of life.

It is truly depressing to hear what atrocities some people inflict upon children.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

Our village is very rural and people that have exotic hobbies (like guitar playing) are in minority.

I'm still thinking what to do, if stay away or support the little boy. We only live in the same street and we're not close at all, but on the other side the kid is very poor in my opinion.

This boy is a regular kid - not an angel, nor savage. Sometimes he does regular kids jokes (like turning house numbers upside down) but he's not a dick. He's also very clever, very good rhetorically skilled for his age.

Maybe supporting him wouldn't be right for his parents. I've been there a couple of times, when his computer crashed or he didn't know how to instal the games, and they have very ignorant relationship to other people.
                No one likes them much, but I see some potential in the kid.

I hope he won't be such a dork like his father is when he'll be an adult.

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by hippietim:
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So, you're acusing me again. I wonder what's the problem now. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I didn't accuse you of anything. I just asked a simple question. Just to be clear, I will ask it again but at a bit slower pace so it doesn't seem so accusing.

Immortal (that's you), does a day go by where you are not involved in conflict or controversy?

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
                    As sad as this situation is, there are others that are much worse. Pick up a newspaper in any large American city and you'll be affronted with a tale along the lines of 15 children living in squaller with only a moldy can of Spaghettio's to eat while the parents are nowhere to be seen. These are sad tales, but unfortunately it is the harsh reality of life.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Agree, that's totally sad. But what's not sad to me is this:

There was a family in my country a year ago, asking for help over the media. They had 8 children, unemployed mother and father and a sick grandpa.

The oldest child was 13 years old. Parents have never been employed. Why the heck people want so much of the offspring, if they cannot financially support them? I think 8 children is a little abroad.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Immortal:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by hippietim:
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So, you're acusing me again. I wonder what's the problem now. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I didn't accuse you of anything. I just asked a simple question. Just to be clear, I will ask it again but at a bit slower pace so it doesn't seem so accusing.

Immortal (that's you), does a day go by where you are not involved in conflict or controversy?

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
                      </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Pathetic.
                      Was that a conflict? Yes. Did I get involved into? Yes. Did I start it? No. Do you know me personally? No. Can you say, what's my everyday like? No.

If you don't like me, ignore my posts and stop being sarcastic.
                      And if my feelings are correct, that has plenty to do with my mistake and impatience about the seller from Germany. Maybe I should repeat something what I've already said.

Comment

Lighten up, Francis.

- Newc

Comment

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Immortal:

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Pathetic.
                          Was that a conflict? Yes. Did I get involved into? Yes. Did I start it? No. Do you know me personally? No. Can you say, what's my everyday like? No.

If you don't like me, ignore my posts and stop being sarcastic.
                          And if my feelings are correct, that has plenty to do with my mistake and impatience about the seller from Germany. Maybe I should repeat something what I've already said.
                          </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey Bro, I really don't think Tim meant anything by it other than as a joke.

"Can't we all just get along?"
                          Some famous drug addict who got his ass beat by the LA cops once said that. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by TEKKY:
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Agree, that's totally sad. But what's not sad to me is this:

There was a family in my country a year ago, asking for help over the media. They had 8 children, unemployed mother and father and a sick grandpa.

The oldest child was 13 years old. Parents have never been employed. Why the heck people want so much of the offspring, if they cannot financially support them? I think 8 children is a little abroad.
                            </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It happens all over and many cases it's worse. Take the example I used with the 15 children....

More often than not, the children are living in a horribly maintained public housing facility. Records show that the parents are collecting welfare. When they're finally caught, it usually turns out that they've been selling the food stamps to front money for their drug habit. To get more money out of the Welfare system, they have another child. Other times they're driving the latest Lexus, Mercedes, or BMW and have a huge wad of currency on them because they're not only selling their food stamps, but they're also dealing dope.

It leads to many questions... Which child needs more help? (no contest where the child is malnourished and living among garbage and human and rat feces) How do you get the child the help that he/she needs? How do you (the government or charitable organization) pay for it? How do you prioritize which children get help when you have several cases of gross negligence and only limited amount of resources?

Again, it's the depressing side of reality. In a utiopian society, only people who were financially and emotionally capable would have children.
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

Sounds sad. I'd still do whatever you've been doing with him. The kid sounds like a normal kid and his father sounds like he was being an ass, don't blame the kid for it, it isn't his fault.

I have 2 boys under the age of 12 and I would never treat them like that. Are you sure there isn't more to the story? Maybe they told him to be home a particular time and he didn't come home and were looking for him? Perhaps they were pissed at that instead of the guitar...I don't know. Still...I wouldn't hit my sons for that. There are times, maybe onece or twice a year when they do need a good whack on the ass but I wouldn't do that in front of people.

It is cool that youcan spend time with him and let him know what its like outside his home etc..
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X