Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not try here?

Hey Everyone [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

For the past 6 months I have been searching for a late 60's ('66 - '69) Chevy Chevelle or Nova to fix up. Im located in the Los Angeles, CA area so these machines do come around a lot, but every time I call or make time to check 'em out, they always end up being sold. Figured I should ask here and see if any of my fellow Jcf bros have a Chevelle or Nova for sale. Not looking for a pretty car. Doesn't need to run ($1.5k max depending on condition of body and interior on a NON RUNNER). Open to other prices aswell. Cheap as possible [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] .

If at the least, maybe you guys can recommend a different classified paper/ search engine then what I'm using (Recycler/Recycler.com, Auto Trader and www.collectorcartraderonline.com )

Thanks again fellas [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Why not try here?

Sorry, I dont have one...but when you find one and get it restored...lemme know, I WANT IT!!! (preferably a 69 Chevelle SS convertible)

Mrs LPC

Comment

Why would you want a Nova or chevelle?? You know you're always going to lose to a Roadrunner or a challenger right?? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

$1500 ain't gonna get you much a chevelle these days, a 1st gen nova wagon or 2 door post though is in that range.

Check Ebay, or check EVERY local paper, I found my challenger in a crappy local paper for $1500 and scored major time.
      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Originally posted by Drsracing:
        Why would you want a Nova or chevelle?? You know you're always going to lose to a Roadrunner or a challenger right?? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

$1500 ain't gonna get you much a chevelle these days, a 1st gen nova wagon or 2 door post though is in that range.

Check Ebay, or check EVERY local paper, I found my challenger in a crappy local paper for $1500 and scored major time.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Plymouth? To each his own I guess [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I lean towards the Chevelles and Novas because those are the cars I grew up with. What can I say, I'm a chevy guy at heart [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] . I kno $1.5k isn't much but thats my budget for a good body and suspension. I have cash set a side for all the goodies so I wanna keep the base price low.

Comment

So Cal is tough to buy a car of that caliber in i.e. 67-69 camaro/68-72 chevelle/68-72 nova. If you're into going places, look in northern cal. southern oragon, Nevada, arizona, places like that. A Bodys are notourious for really rusty frames, and the X bodys will usally have been beaten to death. If you want to stay Chevy, later G bodies. 78-82 malibus are fuckin cool, 94-96 Caprice cop cars with the LT1, 94-96 Buick roadmasters, There's still a lot of good deals on 70-72 Olds/Buick/Pontiac A-Bodys.

Your best bet is to always find a car that someone has torn apart and has lost interest in.

As far as the mopar vs. chevy thing, I can gurrentee penny for penny I will always go faster. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

I've got a 72 Firebird Esprit in the garage. My wife was driving to work a few months ago and saw it for sale on a guy's lawn for dirt cheap. It runs but really needs some TLC. Reading this make me want to get off my but and get that thing smoking.

Comment

Hey Rux,
              I got a 1976 Caddy Fleetwood that needs some TLC and would make a really cool street machine! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Seriously, I need to move it. $1000 and it's rare - the Talisman model. 500 cubic inches, baby!

I'm in Orange County CA.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

My first ride was a '64 Malibu SS, metallic maroon/black interior, chrome all over the place. Not a muscle car by any means, but it had plenty of mojo. My dad was the original owner & he gave it to me when I got my license. Like most teenagers, I didn't appreciate what I had & just pissed & moaned about not having A/C. Eventually, I sold it to a guy who ran a paint/body shop. He did a full restoration on it & whenever I see one in that color I wonder if it's The One. I'd love to get another one, but I've got to get my wife her '69 Camaro first. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                  Hey Rux,
                  I got a 1976 Caddy Fleetwood that needs some TLC and would make a really cool street machine! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Seriously, I need to move it. $1000 and it's rare - the Talisman model. 500 cubic inches, baby!

I'm in Orange County CA.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thx for the offer but I'm strictly chevy. Nice deal on the caddy though, shouldn't be too hard to move it @ that price [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X