We got a live turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We got a live turkey

I don't care whether you ban me or what. Nothing can be more off the wall than what happened today. I am a grandpa living with my step- son and his family. (Don't try this at home.) I was talking to my step-son and he kept talking how his son should take care of his small turkey. Well, I thought the little "Lad" was cooking a bird. It turns out that they went to the flea market and his little brother bought him an honest to god live turkey chick. Not only that, but their mother was there and, I guess, OK'ed it. It is in his room and all I can hear is: Beep Beep Beep: Beep Beep Beep. This would be funny but that turkey will never live to see Thanksgiving
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Re: We got a live turkey

Omigod. You're in for it now. Way long ago my mother had the grand idea to have SIX turkeys once. Freakin' things took over and I ended up having to help herd them into their roost at night.

I feel for you that this one is INSIDE. LOL! Have fun. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

LOL - at least you got your wildlife at a flea market.

A couple of years ago I was on the phone with a business partner who was staying in a house way up in the CO mountains when he said, "I may have to cut this short I think I hear someone downstairs and the wife and I are headed out as soon as she gets back. I'm on the cordless so I'm going to run down and check. ... ... ... Hey, it's not the wife but I do have to go, there's a bear in the kitchen." "A what?" "A bear." "What's he doing?" "Eating everything we left out on the counters." He managed to shoo the (small) bear out but it shit all over the house in the process. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

1 baby turkey cant be that bad. I had 5 baby GOATS in the house once!!! Their mommas died and daddy was gonna let the lil kids (no pun intended) just starve to death. I wasnt gonna let that happen, so I went out to the grocery store and bought 5 baby bottles, went to the farm supply and got some milk for the babies, put an old dog house in the garage with a heating pad and heating lamp and let them live there. Didnt take long before the lil fuckers learned how to open the door to the kitchen and come in the house bleating like hell at 5 in the morning for their bottle. Punkinhead, Goat, and Izzy lived to be grown goats and have babies of their own. Whitey Ford and It died though. I ran over Whitey Ford with my 69 Chevy truck and It died some other way, I dont remember. So, if its only 1 turkey, dont complain, it could be worse.

Mrs LPC [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

You guys and gals don't understand. This is the same mom who bot her hubby a black lab. The dog stays in the house and once a year goes to hunting school. The dog is physco. The dog will never see a blind. Hell, it will probably retrieve the poor fucking turkey while it is walking around the house. Now, YOU BLIND PEOPLE, YOU, don't you see that this forum and my guitars are keeping me from wringing necks?

Comment

Originally posted by fett:
            Hell, it will probably retrieve the poor fucking turkey while it is walking around the house.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This has the makings of an "America's Funniest Home Video." Please keep the camcorder handy. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

AND I LIVE IN SEATTLE.

Comment

I don't hear any Beeping now. Either the little guy is asleep or.... I am not going to check,

Comment

Left the room to go outside and have a fag. The turkey BEEPS, "IT IS ALIVE!!!"

Comment

Now sing along with me: "In the bedroom, The next door bedroom. The turkey BEEPS tonight." Thank the Lord for headphones.

Comment

God bless you Fett.

This, folks, is why I love this forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckracer:
                        God bless you Fett.

This, folks, is why I love this forum!
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Chuck, my boy, you chopped the neck right on the button.

Comment

All we have to do is train the dumb-cluck to go "BEEP BEEP BEEP" when I want to get up. Then slap his and or her's beak to turn it off. Other than the shit all over the house, is this not an organic alarm clock? Roosters don't count because they are nothing but COCKS.

Comment

I want you guys to understand that if I had my way this would never have been allowed. I can joke about this because I have no control over this situation. Having said that; It isn't even ducking fuck.

Comment

Too bad Thanksgiving is 5 months away. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X