Need Help! Anyone near a Hobby Lobby store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help! Anyone near a Hobby Lobby store

Ok, my Mom wants a particular Rooster that she saw at a local Hobby Lobby (Jackson TN) back in January. Another store may have one, but none are in driving distance, and we haven't called any of the other stores because it's too hard to describe on the phone.

She said it looks just like one she already has, except it's between 28" and 36" high. She didn't measure it when she saw it as it was on a top shelf on the wall, but we saw some others there today that were about 24"-26" tall (maybe) and she said this particular one was taller.

So here's 3 pics of the one she has, and she swears it looks exactly like this one, but she's not sure if it's freestanding or on a wooden base (this one is on a base):
    These pics are huge (1280x1024)
    http://autumn-frost.com/Projects/rooster1.jpg
    http://autumn-frost.com/Projects/rooster2.jpg
    http://autumn-frost.com/Projects/rooster3.jpg

The one in the pics is made from soapstone, and she said the other one had a similar texture (could be resin, could be soapstone, but it wasn't glossy or glazed like ceramic/porcelain)

If anyone has seen or can find one of these, please let me know, as she wants it for her birthday (July 3rd). She was a bit upset that it wasn't there (of course I didn't really think it woulda been there 6 months later, but for some reason she did)

The price on it at the time was $99, but they're having a 1/2 off sale currently. Either way, I want it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks in advance [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Need Help! Anyone near a Hobby Lobby store

damn...now that would be a killer graphic on a custom Jackson [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

I could probably find one of those when I go back to VA. We have to go through Abingdon, and theres Dixie Pottery and The Hobby House. I wont be there until this coming Friday, and it will be too late on Friday to stop in, but I can go Saturday morning and check it out. If I am able to find one, I will snag it for ya, even though it will be after her birthday. I can send ya a message here Saturday if I find it. Lemme know if you would want me to pick it up if I find it.

Mrs LPC [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Krista - As long as it looks exactly like that one - same coloring, "windswept look" to the feathers around the neck, same pose, and made of either resin or soapstone and no chips or dings, then yeah grab it and I'll pay ya for it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Before we leave Friday morning, I will print off the pics you have posted and take them with me. Damn, I wish mom had some knowledge of the internet and I would email the pics to her and have her go over and see what she could find. Like I said, I will go first thing Saturday morning and if I can find it, I will ship it out to ya priority that day. Pity your not in Eastern Tennessee, or I would meet up with ya and hand deliver it [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

OOOhhhh, I just had another thought on this. Would your mom be happy with a ceramic one? If I could find one thats not painted, but ready to be painted, I could snag that and have my mom paint it exactly like the one in the pic. I woudl have no fear at all with mom painting one, the stuff she does looke a gazillion times better than any you can buy off of a shelf, and your mom would have a "one of a kind"

Comment

I honestly can't say - some she likes, some she don't, and only she would know if she liked it [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I think she's got her heart set on that particular one (going "bulldog" about it [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Thanks though [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

I will definitely stop in and see what I can find....any excuse for me to go to Dixie Pottery is good enough for me [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice cock collection
                  ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

We have a Hobby Lobby Here in Texarkana. They are closed on Sundays but I will check for you on Monday.

Comment

Thanks Brad [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

on a side note.....Hobby Lobby kicks ass ! That place has some of the coolest stuff to decorate a home I've ever found. Plus they are closed Sundays which believe it or not is a plus in my book for how a business operates. (I'm probably in the minority there [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Newc - pm me if you want me to check out the Cincy store Monday (if no one else is successful that already offered).

Comment

I agree about closing Sundays. I'm not too pleased with the idea that Sunday is the FIRST day of the week on most calendars and watches, either [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

Originally posted by LesPaulCustom:
                            I will definitely stop in and see what I can find....any excuse for me to go to Dixie Pottery is good enough for me [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Way to go Newc, now Mr. LPC is going to have to kick your ass. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Bah, I can take him [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X