Megadeth opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Megadeth opinions

I used to have only the first four albums though I listened to all of them borrowed from a friend. I know it's a compilation album, but I sticked to Capitol Punishment.
    [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Jumping from Rust to Youthanasia or above may be too much for a new fan.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      Cryptic Writings is good, but you HAVE to precede that with Youthanasia. I don't suggest Risk until you're hooked on CW.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">lol @ Newc. That's funny, man. Very, very true and I agree 100%, but funny as hell. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm glad Dave did things the way he did in regards to changes from album to album. Something different every time and it never gets "boring". I'm a fan of every album from them and I think Risk is a masterpiece (and I'm not ashamed to admit it). [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Risk doesn't really have speed but it has the best vocals of his career, a very nice groove and a variety of songs of different genres to listen to. I don't even agree with people who say it would have been a great album without the Megadeth name on it.

Anywho....... anyone hear the story behind the Deth boards being down ? Rumor has it that one of the Admins there leaked their advance copy of the new album to totalrock.com (as stated by sinistas). Aparently (& rightfully so) Mr Dave is one pissed puppy right now. Gonna be a nut noose in that admins future for sure !

Comment

Get everything up to Risk ...but don't get Risk .....it blows ass.

The world needs a hero is a step back in the right direction but it falls quite short of being kick ass...

I have a feeling the new one is going to be a nice surprise ...I hope that's not just wishful thinkin'..

I mean Degarmo rejoined Queensryche on Tribe ....big fuckin' deal ....that album blows more ass than Risk.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas:
            TotalRock.com are playing songs from the new album (The System Has Failed)...Good stuff.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">more than just KTC ?????

If so, is the material on par with whats being said ?

If so I think I'll wet myself [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The first 4 are great and take a lot of chances musically.

IMHO, everything after that sucks major ass.

The songs got simpler and lamer and they lost what made them unique. I don't want every record to be the same but I don't want something boring.

If every record after Rust was their first, I seriously doubt that they would have gotten very far.

The last one had some moments that were good, but was still missing a unique edge.

Comment

Sucks that the only reason totalrock got it is leakage. Fucktards. Anyways, the new stuff is HEAVY. Has tinges of KIMB-RIP, but done in a new way...Very cool stuff. Oh well, September's coming...

My list, top to bottom:
                Youthanasia
                Rust In Peace
                Peace Sells
                Countdown
                Cryptic Writings
                So Far, So Good...So What!
                Killing Is My Business
                The World Needs A Hero
                Risk
                Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Rust in peace is the worst album! I've been listening to Megadeth since about 85 and Rust sucks. The only good song on it is Hangar 18. The newer albums do kick ass even Risk (awesome vocals) very melodic.
                  Peace Sells is one of my favs... Wake up Dead is a classic! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Also, don't forget their the last live CD/DVD Rude Awakening. It's pretty good, but Marty should be on there, IMO.
                    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I've got Risk in the collection, got it at a used record store. I think I listened to it once or twice... I just remembered it sucking much ass!!!
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I bought Risk new when it came out and listened to it once, which was enough for me...yeah, I feel ripped on that one!
                        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Yep I got anal raped buying many cds new

I think my top five are

Risk

VH III

Queensryche Tribe

Timmo Tolki Hyms to life

and Geoff Tates solo.....holy crap that sucked inflamed monkey balls. [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                          X