X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megadeth opinions

Rust In Peace.

Re: Megadeth opinions

Definitely Rust In Piece, followed by Countdown to Extinction and Youthanasia. Take 'em in order of release date, though, cuz there's noticeable differences between Rust and Youthanasia, but Countdown is kinda like a bridge between the two. Jumping from Rust to Youthanasia or above may be too much for a new fan.
    Cryptic Writings is good, but you HAVE to precede that with Youthanasia. I don't suggest Risk until you're hooked on CW.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by bsteam:
      What would you consider vital If you were to start a Megadeth collection?
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You've got the highlight, it's all downhill from there. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Rust In Piece 1st for sure....over&over&over.. then just like Newc said [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Rust in Peace.

You won't need another Megadeth CD for at least a couple of years.
          [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by MOSHWITZ:
            Rust In Piece 1st for sure....over&over&over.. then just like Newc said [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ooooops.......peace....i was in a hurry [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
            "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

My favorites in order:

Rust In Peace (their greatest album ever!!).
              Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?
              Killing Is My Business... And Business is Good.
              Cryptic Writings.
              The World Needs A Hero.
              So Far, So Good... So What?
              Countdown To Extinction.
              Youthanasia.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

So Far, So Good... So What, then Rust in Peace, then Countdown to Extinction. You can go past those to the others mentioned but I think those 4 are the best. If you could have only one, I'd say Rust in Peace.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Megadeth opinions

Just bought Peace sells.. at a tag sale yesterday for a dollar. My first Megadeth experience.Sounds good..What would you consider vital If you were to start a Megadeth collection?

Comment

Not many people think So Far, So Good...So What is a good album, I personally think that album was the best that they did. Everything about Megadeth is on that album.
                    93 USA Soloist EDS
                    USA HT6 Juggernaut
                    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Originally posted by maliciousteve:
                      Not many people think So Far, So Good...So What is a good album, I personally think that album was the best that they did. Everything about Megadeth is on that album.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I like so far, so good, so what album alot too. That and Peace Sells are my 2 favs.

I sold over 250 of my old 80's metal cassette tapes at a flea market once for a dollar each and they went quick....they were like buzzards surrounding a fresh kill! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Don't listen to these guys ....I'm the metal guru around here ....you want the best Megadeth album ???!!...."Risk" ....that's their most shreddin heaviest one in their whole catalog!!!

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ....I'm kiddin'....very very kiddin' [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

TotalRock.com are playing songs from the new album (The System Has Failed)...Good stuff.
                          Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I have been a Megadeth fan for quite some time and have to say that if you truly want to experience 'Deth in all of it's glory you should get them all -- I'll describe my take on all of their albums in brief:

Killing is Business... C+
                            Raw, unadjusted metal served up like a polished demo -- their first effort, shows the promise of a young band.

Peace Sells... A+
                            A solid sophomore effort -- most listeners first crack at the band, a classic must have.

So Far, So Good... B-
                            Band member change here -- and it showed for better and worse, couple of great tunes, couple of good, couple throw away's.

Rust in Peace... A++
                            Another member change for the best - technical guitar wizardry for the ages -- words cannot describe this album -- another must-have.

Countdown to Extinction... A
                            Showing song structure growth here -- but keeping the great riffs and licks you would come to expect.

Youthinasia... A
                            Very similar to the previous release with continued growth and exploration.

Cryptic Writings... B
                            A headphone album - almost Alice Cooper-ish on a few tracks. More vibe driven than previous efforts, it seems a little too polished for the die-hard metal head.

Risk... B-
                            As with Youth being the evolution of Countdown - Risk is to Cryptic - more polish and less angst than before. A good album if you can get into the vibe -- but that's the catch.

The World Needs a Hero... A-
                            A return to a heavier riff -- some good stuff here -- the only drawback is that some of it seems forced and that hurts the overall feel a bit but all in all another good showing.

That's my take in a nutshell -- I could go on about each song and stuff, but it's all subjective anyway. Good luck and enjoy -- there's good stuff to be had in this catalog.

D>

Comment

RUST IN PEACE!!!

man, that ALBUM rocks!
                              I cannot wait for the release of the remastered disc!

Grrrrrr!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X