Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know where to find MOP-like stickers/decals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know where to find MOP-like stickers/decals?

I'm looking for stickers/decals that resemble mother of pearl or abalone. There was a guy on Ebay that had some, but I can't find his listings. I'd prefer sheet-sized blanks rather than specific shapes, but if shapes is all I can get...

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Anyone know where to find MOP-like stickers/decals?

Yeah, they come on Ibanez guitars... hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal:
      Yeah, they come on Ibanez guitars... hehehe
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I feel ripped off. I didn't even get THOSE. I got tinfoil dots. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] And it's not even the SHINY side of the tinfoil. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Try www.fretware.com
        Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] THANKS! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

COOL! Got two of the 3x5 MOP blanks [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

Cool, but if you'd got the 5"x9" each 3" x 5" would've only been $33.33 instead of $50; or you could think of the 3rd one costing $25 rather than $50.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Damn, that looks frigging cool. I'm gonna have to get me some to put on my imports! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow, cool! I need to put some markers on my Schecter A-7 Elite. It has only a 12th fret marker, plus side dots, and I find myself having to work harder to get where I want to go on the fretboard. I'll probably just do microdots, though, and keep it simple.

Comment

Yo NewC, just use some of those cheesey decals that you can buy to stick on fishing lures. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] Its reflective and will look cool as hell on your axe. [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] I am sure chicks will dig it and flock all over you. [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] Sorry just had to man!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] put on some big treble hooks and You will look like a big Rapala onstage!!!
                    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

But you'll need to balance it out with some bass hooks too. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                      Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Where can these lure decals be had, Bass Pro Shops? All I gots is Wally World (Wal-Mart) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hey, if it works, it works [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Heh heh - I worked with a guy that was into car stereos and speakers and boxes and amps and all that crap, so I saw this one new store opening up called "Buck & Bass" (the fish), and I told him it was "Buck & Bass" (the low-end). I said they had fishing crap on one side of the store and speakers and amps on the other side - and he drove up there to check it out [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It was a 45 minute or more drive, too [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

Newc, please do give a nice review and some pictures of the guitar(s) after you try these MOP blanks out. If it's good enough for Mad Dr. Newcenstein, it's good enough for NOTP The JCF Turd Polisher. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I believe I got my decals at K mart. I think you can get that stuff at just about any sporting goods store or from the rear sliding window of any pickup 1970's pickup truck with a gun rack in the back. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] You know, to tell a secret, [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I actually tried that Fishing lure reflective decal stuff about 17 years ago when I was young and stupid. NO B.S.! I remember it well, I was watching Jaws 4 on HBO while applying that Fishing Lure stuff on all the hardware on my guitar and on the fret markers. (it was an old washburn, not a Jackson so RELAX!!!). I took it to the music store for my lesson and about got laughed out of the store. hey, I was 14, give me a break [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Buck and Bass, I like it Newc!! Ok I see it like this(insert Nigel tufnel voice here) ahhem... "Excuse me sir, could I interest you in a Diawa Fishing rod? or perhaps a Fender Precision bass? THey are both on sale this week. Or maybe a Gorilla amplifier or some hip waders....What size do you wear?" HE HE [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

YEEEE HAAAWW!!!!!!
                            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Hey Newc, got a chance to try them out yet? [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X