Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know where to find MOP-like stickers/decals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone know where to find MOP-like stickers/decals?

Haven't tried them out yet. Traded the one neck I had with a blank ebony board on it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Maybe I'll see if I can cut it into binding-sized strips.
    I don't know - still plotting [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: Anyone know where to find MOP-like stickers/decals?

How flexible is it?
      Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Re: Anyone know where to find MOP-like stickers/de

Doesn't have to be a blank fretboard, does it? I'm planning to cover dot inlays and Jackson Pro Series pearloid sharkfins with it.

Comment

Yeah, that would be a riot if you were onstage and your stickers started falling off in the middle of a gig! Wahahahahahahaha! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

They don't fall off; I have a set on my Carvin CM130 which I cut from blocks into trapezoids.
            They're very thin and will stay on indefinitely, but you can remove them. You can't just take them on and off at will though; it's basically crushed shell with an adhesive backing, so if you take it off and put it back on some of the shell material can start to come off.

Newc, they sell fake binding at that site as well. I wouldn't think cutting the blocks into strips would work that well though. You can install them over dots with no problem so you don't have to have a blank fretboard to use them.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

True, but a blank fretboard would allow for other options beyond fins, blocks, and the like.

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

In order to blank my fretboards in preparation for the MOP/abalone stickers, I'm going to ebonize the fretboards. Today is the day that I start scrubbing the fretboards with a soapy solution and lots of elbow grease. I know I've said this MANY times over the past little while, but stay tuned for a detailed thread including pictures in the Tech Q&A sub-forum describing this whole guitar pimping out process. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

What are you going to ebonizing with? Dye? I'm really interested in this and am looking forward to the before and after pics and descriptions. Good luck with it NOTP!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Thanks! Homemade dye a-la mm2002's recipe! I've had fine grade steel wool sitting in a sealed plastic jar full of ordinary white vinegar for over two weeks now, and the "soup" is nasty black! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Plastic jar???? It's supposed to be GLASS! Dah.... [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                      X