X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A ride threw Chernobyl

http://www.kiddofspeed.com/

It's like a place that has been paused.

amazing place and shows what human nature is possible of.

Re: A ride threw Chernobyl

You've got to love the glowing green leathers. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

The jacket probably turned that color when he got to the dangerous zones. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously, that website was awesome. Makes me want to go to the Ghost Town just to hear what complete silence sounds like.

Comment

Omigod.

I read the whole bloody thing. Sure, we all know about Chernobyl but I had never seen pictures like this before. It was the pictures that got me.
        Those liquidators on the bus going in for the clean-up- geez. Those wimpy masks. Talk about a death ride.
        The pictures of kid's stuffed animals- I had to run in and check on my bambinos. I know, I'm a sap. But GEEZ.
        What an incredible journal. I wanna hear that silence she talks about.
        She mentioned mutant animals... I wonder if there are any ROUS's?? I bet there are!

Comment

I actually read this site a couple months ago and yes, it really puts the event in a different perspective. It is really altering.

Comment

ROUS's? Rodents of unusal size? Personally, I don't believe they exist. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
              The jacket probably turned that color when he got to the dangerous zones. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oops, I meant SHE. Dunno how I missed that. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I wonder if she glows in the dark? A glow-in-the-dark chick who can handle her own bike is pretty much my dream date. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne:
                  I wonder if she glows in the dark? A glow-in-the-dark chick who can handle her own bike is pretty much my dream date. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, she'd look awesome plaing hippietim's Roswell Rhoads. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Seriously though, that site really puts things in perspective. Wow. That silence she speaks of has got to be REALLy eerie.
                  Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Real life ghost town. It would be really interesting to pay a visit there. Though in the story she said that of a sightseeing tour all the people wanted to leave after 15 minutes. Must be really spooky then.

Comment

I read this a month or so ago. That is some very creppy stuff. those pics are eerie, make the hair stand on the back of your neck. and yes I too am very intrigued about the silence that she mentions. Its like time has been frozen. You can see how all the paint is peelin off the walls from the windows being open for all those years. No upkeep or maintenance on the buildings really shows too. Pretty damn sobering sight especially with all the turmoil in the world now and the stuff going on on that political thread here about the war etc... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Man, I hope we never has to experience anything like that. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
                      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Working...
                      X