Possibly my most METAL moment yet!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly my most METAL moment yet!!

OK, I know I claim to be a Metal God(and rightfully so), but this past weekend I was humbled by the precense of a far greater diety in the realm of Metaldom. Fate somehow aligned me to be onstage with Jeff Becerra of Possesed as he sang "The Exorcist" with my friends in Sadistic Intent. Every fan in the Knitting Factory was screaming, and all I could see in front of the stage was a wall of arms throwing horns and grasping for him. I was in my usual guitar tech position(standing behind the amps), but to have even been there was an honor.

I met Jeff for the first time the night before at a Dark Realm in-store, featuring Shane Embury, Nick Barker, and Dark Funeral(who I ended up guitar teching for as well). Jeff and I became instant friends, and I stupidly turned down an offer to jam with Jeff on bass and Emilio from Sadistic Intent/Asesino/Engrave on drums(I must admit I was a little intimidated in the presence of such greatness as was there in that building). I did watch Jeff and Emilio jam together, which was really cool.

Re: Possibly my most METAL moment yet!!

He wasn't killed, but he is in a wheelchair. He went back to school, he told me but I forgot what for, we we're partying it up and I have ADD anyways, so my memory is shot. I do remember him saying that he loved his job, something about working with people with problems. He mentioned that he made good money too. Jeff struck me as an amazing guy, he was very smart, friendly as anyone I've ever met, and totally upbeat. He was also very genuine and just seemed to be loving life. He gave me a big hug backstage after he did his song with Sadistic Intent. That dude is awesome and I really admire him.

Comment

Re: Possibly my most METAL moment yet!!

Cool Ace! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Well that confirms the old rumour that Jeff was shot and killed during a drug deal! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Didn't he go back to school to become a lawyer or something?

So what's the scoop Ace? Whats ol Jeff doing?

I remember when I first heard seven churches, I was about 17 and I thought this was the epitome of pure evil!
      [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Working...
      X