Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know they call it "permanent marker" for a reason but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know they call it "permanent marker" for a reason but....

Anyone know of a way to remove it?

I just got a dinky reverse where some ass-hat marked over the "Professional" on the headstock.
    Occupy JCF

Re: I know they call it "permanent marker" for a reason but....

Fingernail polish remover
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Sometimes permanent markers have a rubber eraser at one end which can be used. Or try using a whiteboard marker to dissolve the ink by writing over it. What Drsracing is suggesting also sound right.

/Henrik
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Just don't use the thinner!! Or nitro, blah!

If you're familiar with M600 (Sikkens), do it with that. That's the perfect thing to remove such things. M600 is some sort of a disinfectant for car bodywork. Before you add some paint on the bodywork you have to clean it with "M600".
        M600 is officially the product of car paint company Sikkens, but you can find familiar things in hardware store. Just tell the guy you need something like M600.

Comment

Polish it off with a fine grit auto polish like Maguires swirl remover. It takes a little elbow grease, but will do the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Shine:
            Polish it off with a fine grit auto polish like Maguires swirl remover. It takes a little elbow grease, but will do the job.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">this would be my suggestion also.

Comment

Re: I know they call it &quot;permanent marker&quot; for a reason but....

Goof Off
              www.kiddhavok.com
              www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Buy another Dinky is another option.
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Sure... Who wouldn't want 5 Dinky Reverses? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

goof off, but i think that would damage the paint also.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelMadeja:
                      goof off, but i think that would damage the paint also.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, its ok. I used it all the time on cars and guitars, just a quick coat of wax after and its good as new.
                      www.kiddhavok.com
                      www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

I recommend any cologne... i can't spell it, but whatever. "Male Perfume." It'll melt perminant marker off of almost anything; skin, sandpaper, countertops, etc. shouldn't hurt the paint on your guitar either.

Comment

rubbing alcohol (main ingredient in "man perfume") should take it off. nail polish remover might be a bit caustic to the paint, but I'm not sure. you could also use the scrubby side of a kitchen sponge (very lightly!)

Comment

Seems that when "I" try to write over something already written in permanent marker, the new stuff makes the old stuff soluble and it comes of.

Maybe try a marker on a very small area and see it if does that, and then wipe it off as soon as you put it on and see it doing that.

Comment

try some sperm...
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X