Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know they call it "permanent marker" for a reason but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I know they call it "permanent marker" for a reason but....

Cut the headstock off and install a Speedloader.

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
    Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Re: I know they call it "permanent marker" for a reason but....

Originally posted by horns666:
      try some sperm...
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">heh...yeah! perhaps a little bit of dr. tekky's two-ball compound will do that trick!

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Re: I know they call it &quot;permanent marker&quot; for a reason but....

I concur on re-using a permanent marker (Sharpie). It will dissolve itself. Just wipe fast before it redries. It will at minimum get a majority off I'd say.

Comment

Yeah Tekky's goo may be like radioactive toxic waste ....probably melt the whole headstock

Tekky try it and if it works..... you can wack your bag into a big vat everday and we can dump it on that Iraqi shithole... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

You can single handly win the war with your Toxic Goo ....you would be a hero ...the kind you read about in history books centuries from now..

all this trying to get a sharpee stain off your axe.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
            try some sperm...
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Watch out for that pointy headstock... you may not have a "Dinky" to work with for a while. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by skidd:
              Goof Off
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Goofing off is what got him in this position [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

And then follow up with some "Goof-Away" - that keeps goofballs from using a Sharpie on it again [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Or if you go the sperm route, just remember to use Goo-Gone to remove it as well [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ummm, you guys who recommend fighting Sharpie with Sharpie ever wonder what that pleasant aroma of a Sharpie is? Alcohol [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                That's also why it dries farily quickly.

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I think TEKKY got ripped off by some kid selling it as a USA Dinky using a CD marker to cover it up. That's an old trick! Only newbies fall for that [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

/Henrik
                  Henrik
                  AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by nor:
                    Cut the headstock off and install a Speedloader.

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bite your tongue mister!!!

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1:
                      I think TEKKY got ripped off by some kid selling it as a USA Dinky using a CD marker to cover it up. That's an old trick! Only newbies fall for that [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

/Henrik
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">In some ways you're right and in others you were a litte off. Yes, I believe I did get ripped off. While I could blame the seller, I also realize that I shoulder a lot of blame myself.

The guitar was not represented as a USA Dinky, however it was misrepresented. The seller represented it as a Dinky Reverse. Of which I have 3 others. In actuality this is a parts guitar at best and most of the parts in fact, came from a Dinky Reverse. There were clues that I chose to ignore. [*]Clue 1: No scallop on the heel or the lower horn[*]Clue 2: Chrome knobs (Dinky Reverses and DR5s had black hardware)[*]Clue 3: Trans-amber finish. None of the Dinky Reverses or DR5s had this finish. [*]Clue 4: Despite the distance in the picture in the ad, upon closer observation, there are holes for the pickup rings on the face of the body.

So overall, my man-goo is more of a problem than a solution. I got gung-ho about this guitar and didn't think very much (or clearly) before I whipped out my wallet.

Remember this kids... "A fool and his money are soon parted."
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

Don't feel bad Tekky - I thought I scored a Killer RG-Prime (or at least one of the lower models) a while back in a backdoor deal for $250 (bidding at the time was about half that, with a few days left to go).
                        Turns out it's a copy of some sort. It's got a KNOTHOLE in the back of the neck [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                        It's small, but it's there and not something you'd find on a "reputable" brand - even an LTD.

There's other things that make it very different from a real Killer - such as the see-through trem-cavity-to-bridge-pickup route [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] and the top horn is not cut the same as every other Killer I've seen since then (trying to find info on them is like trying to find Jimmy Hoffa).

But the rest of the body looks legit (shape-wise). The heel also looks like the ESP/LTD Lynch heels, and the neck bolts have ferrules instead of a plate.

It's definitely wierd, but I thought it was a real one at the time. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Ah well, live and learn.

Newc
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Sperm...I'm tellin you that's the best stuff for every project imaginable ...waxin the car , caulking the tub , your kid's science projects , that loose bannister , great for basting your Easter Ham....

I laid down all my ceramic tile down with my goo ....indestructible ..

plus it makes a great guitar polish ...all my axes look new ...it cleans , protects and polishes ...and it preserves any fretboard too..

and we have a never ending supply ....save a horse for glue ...just shoot your goo...

I'm tring to find a way where we could get cars to run on goo ..you run out of fuel in the middle of nowhere ...no problem ....just wack your sack and your on your way home safely with the family unit..fuck AAA
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Then why haven't you spooj'd all over Iraq to stop them in their tracks? Why do I have to do all the work?

Occupy JCF

Comment

For crapping out loud Bill, are you immune to the stinking smell of chlorine? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

/Henrik
                              Henrik
                              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Don't make assumptions. He may eat a lot of asparagus.

[img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                                X