EMG power!!!! pic test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG power!!!! pic test

2004 Les Paul Studio with 85b/81n, 1995 Hamer Special FM with 81/81, 1994 Jackson Dinky HX with 85b/60n. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Eh, the pic still came out kinda crappy! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: EMG power!!!! pic test

May the Hamer stalking continue! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

How does the Les Paul sound compared to when it had its stock pickups?

Comment

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] The EMGs sound better and give it more gain, the overall tone is balanced a little better. The stock Burstbucker Pro pups were actually very good, but the bridge seemed a little scooped in the midrange and could have been a little hotter for my liking. EMGs rock!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I really have to pick up a Hamer someday!! Nice bro!! By the way, I put pics up of the ESP in the thread I started......On a sadder note, everytime I see your beautiful black cat, I miss ours more and more........ [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Taunting me with that Hamer again I see. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by budman68:
            I really have to pick up a Hamer someday!! Nice bro!! By the way, I put pics up of the ESP in the thread I started......On a sadder note, everytime I see your beautiful black cat, I miss ours more and more........ [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Awesome! I'll have to check the pics out now. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Cats are cool. Lucifer's a little over 3 years old now, I just finally had him neutered two days ago. I thought he would be pissed, but he was fine within a day and running around like nothing happened! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I got him at like 4.5 months old and never had a cat before. He seems to act like a puppy a lot and even comes when I call him.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis:
              Taunting me with that Hamer again I see. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Of course! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Stalker!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I bet the one in the cat makes it purr like a kitten. What do you do, pull it's tail to get it's EMG active?
                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

No need to pull its tail. I just jam my finger in his butt. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

toejam, this is it! After weeks of listening to your 85 in the bridge blabbering I decided to swap, too!

So, I'll brief you the results tomorrow, as I can play only at low volume right now, because all neighborhood is asleep.

Oh, tell me, have you tweaked your amp/effect settings are left them as they were? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal:
                      toejam, this is it! After weeks of listening to your 85 in the bridge blabbering I decided to swap, too!

So, I'll brief you the results tomorrow, as I can play only at low volume right now, because all neighborhood is asleep.

Oh, tell me, have you tweaked your amp/effect settings are left them as they were? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I haven't tweaked my amp settings because I like the way it's set up with all of my guitars at the moment, but with the 81s, it's definitely a little brighter. With the 85, it's a little warmer with some nice high mid range going on. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I do mess with my amp settings every once in awhile to try something different and get different tones, though.

Definitely let me know what you think of the 85 in the bridge position. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Even in my Les Paul that's all mahogany, I think the 85 still has enough bite and brightness in the bridge position.

Comment

Your cat looks like it's plotting something. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
                        Sweet axes!

Comment

I have EMGs in my Soloist and the SG and they rock- excellent tone with very little background noise. Pain in the ass to keep changing batteries, though.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Immortal:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I haven't tweaked my amp settings because I like the way it's set up with all of my guitars at the moment, but with the 81s, it's definitely a little brighter. With the 85, it's a little warmer with some nice high mid range going on. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I do mess with my amp settings every once in awhile to try something different and get different tones, though.

Definitely let me know what you think of the 85 in the bridge position. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Even in my Les Paul that's all mahogany, I think the 85 still has enough bite and brightness in the bridge position.
                            </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">/me dances

Damn, this setting is killer. I mean, 85 smokes in the bridge, but I also like the sound of 85 in the neck, so I might be getting another 85 to fit my neck.

I owe you a bear, damn! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

And the sound is damn fat.

Did I say fat? The fattest! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X