X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream Evil

Just picked up Dream Evil - Book Of Heavy Metal
    and I really like that one
    it's like a very well executed priest/ozzy/scorpions mix. Anybody else check this one out?
    Really dig this album!!!

Leon..

Re: Dream Evil

I signed a contract with the Devil.... [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] LMAO I picked it up it is pretty cool

Comment

Haven't heard the whole album but one of the internet radio stations I listen to at work has been playing that song. I think it's kind of cool but man, those are some cheezy-ass lyrics! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sounds like something I would have come up with when I was 14 or something. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But, kind of cool nonetheless.

Comment

Gus G , Snowy Shaw great muscians.....it always had potential ....but way too cheezy to hit the mark ....so fuckin' cheezy at times it's borderline retarded ....Firewind , Night Rage and Mystic Prophesy is much much better Gus G efforts...

yeah I have all three DE discs and they really don't get much play ..

Dude you need to check my thread ...
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

HEAVY!
          METAL!

JEEEZUS!

Comment

I really like Dream Evil and I think Gus G. is an incredibly great metal player. Like Horns said, Gus does play in some other bands, most notably (to me, at least) is Firewind.

I think some people completely don't "get" Dream Evil. The band is a fun project for the guys and the lyrics are actually quite humorous, in a sort of Spinal Tap way, in that they poke fun at a lot of cliches. Look at the title of the new record - "The Book Of Heavy Metal". How about the song "MOM" - "Man or a Mouse".

By the way, I don't know which version of "TBOHM" you have, but one version contains a bonus DVD. The DVD has some behind-the-scenes shots of the recording sessions and footage from their last tour of Japan. DE is really great live and you can tell from the offstage shots that they are actually just having a great time aren't caught up in being rock stars or "mean metal" dudes.

And if you dig Gus G., check out his "Guitar Masters" disc. It features Gus just ripping leads over some rather basic backing tracks. It's a really cool disc for guitar nerds like us. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
              Gus G , Snowy Shaw great muscians.....it always had potential ....but way too cheezy to hit the mark ....so fuckin' cheezy at times it's borderline retarded ....Firewind , Night Rage and Mystic Prophesy is much much better Gus G efforts...

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks for the tip man, I'm definately going to check those bands out.

BTW, I definately agree on the DE lyrics being cheesy [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] But I really dig the songs!!!

Comment

As stated before I am the biggest Gus G fan on this BB! I have all 3 (yes, I have Nocturnal symphony) Firewind albums as well as everything he's ever played on including his Gutiar Masters disc.

He's such an amazing player, when I first heard him I was thanking David Chastain over and over for a while for introducing me to him. I'm also very jealous sometimes, he's just a couple months older than me but his playing is miles ahead.

BTW, my favorite song he's ever done is "Brother's Keeper"
                I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Help out an old fogie here...

I know of Dream Evil as a Dio album, his 4th studio effort. The first with Craig Gooldy after he replaced Vivian Campbell. What is this you little whippersnappers are talking about?
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

Advertised as ‘the ultimate new force in Melodic Heavy Metal’, Dream Evil is the name of a new Swedish metal outfit that is a brainchild of no one less than Fredrik Nordström, owner/producer of the famous Fredman Studio who, other than of course producing it, plays guitar and keyboard. The impressive line up features drummer Snowy Shaw (Mercyful Fate, King Diamond, Memento Mori), Greek guitar wizard Gus G (Mystic Prophecy, Firewind), and vocalist Niklas Istfeld with bassist Peter Stalfors who both were involved in early Hammerfall releases.

http://mp3.centurymedia.com/DreamEvi...agonslayer.mp3

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Just picked up Firewind, Great tip man!! Love it!!!
                      Thanks again!!

Leon..

Comment

Yeah... I need to get the new DE album. I loved the first 2. Lyrics are sometimes cheezy but I don't care, it reminds a little of the old Yngwie stuff...Dragons and all... Firewind is cool too. I didn't like the Nightrage though and I haven't listened to Mystic Prophecy yet.
                        I really like Istfelt's voice.

Tekky, I know what you mean. When I first heard about these guys I thought "Do they have any connnection to Dio?" That was my favorite album of RJD... [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I like Book of HM, but I think the former one was better, less over the top in the lyrics and imagery department.
                          But I have to say I prefer Firewind over Dream Evil when it comes to bands featuring Gus G.

Comment

Working...
                          X