No announcement yet.

RacerX and chuckracer I need you help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RacerX and chuckracer I need you help.

The 996 is my dream bike, Man I'd love to take a curvy montin road on one of those
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Too small for you.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Why is it that big cruiser type motor cycles are becoming more appealing to me? I use to be really keen on the whole sport bike thing, but I feel i'd be abit out of place on one.

Comment

DR,

I'll sell ya mine... Custom-custom Harley....

Pics are here

For a JCF'r, $26K, anyone else, $28K

Pat

Comment

Ditto to what Ron said too small

Chuck I think the Ducati was more of a mental thing I just felt cooler and more comfortable on the "upgrade"

Pat My favorite guitar finish on your Bike... I want it! Don't want to drop 26 on a bike right now though need new driveway siding and windows [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Ok, went out test rode a 96 cbr600 f3 and it was almost perfect, there's an f2 and an f3 for sale and also an old huricane 1000, I think the CBR and the Ninja are the way I'm going to go

Comment

Check out a CBR900 RR I think you will be happier with that than the F2 or F3... I mean the 600 is Miguels bike but you are a little bigger than him IMO.. just check them out

Comment

My problem is I need to stay in the 3K-4K level for money, So my options are kinda limited

Comment

a 98 RR should be in that Level

Comment

Definitely take the F3 over the F2 and stay away from the old Hurricane anything. Forget the Katana as well.
                      Honda changed to a cartridge fork and a better shock and linkage on the F3 and that, along with semi floating rotors, makes for a huge step over the F2.
                      Old Hurricanes are stones.
                      And yeah, if you can find an RR for your price range, that may be worth a look too.

Comment

Ok, did a little more testing tonight, a 1993 GSXR750, a good bike, alright ergos, awsome motor., overall a good bike, also a 1993 FZR 600, like all yamahas a bike for a small person but it sat really nice, the motor is the weakest of all the mid 90's 600's I've rode, but a nice confertable light guy's bike, just not for me. I look at a 94 cbr900 tomarrow along with another ninja. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

If everything goes right here's what I hope my new bike will be.

It came on trader online at like 2:30 this afternoon and me and my uncle went and looked at it at 7, since he's owned a lot more of these than me and since this is kinda a big bike I went and had him "test" it on the free way and I only took it around the block, but man this is a **** bike, Guy wants $3900, it's a nice 2 owner bike with 18k and all the service records owned buy old guys, not crazy about the color but it's the nicest no issue bike i've looked at and rode the past 2 weeks. Guy said he's gonna let the ad run for a few days and see what happens, I said I had cash in pocket ready to roll, so he told me he'd call me back by the middle of the week.

Comment

Kawi ZX-11D - nice one! They were fastest in the world from 1990 - 1996 (The Hayabusa took that title away from the Honda XX in '99 and still holds it). Did you check insurance costs? Brakes are a weak area and it's quite a heavy bike so it isn't gonna handle that well. Could make a great touring bike too.
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

You know your bikes, this is one awsome bike like I said, it'll keep up with anything out there, and like you said will make an awsome tourer, I was actually looking at a 1996 gpz1100 which will beat the zx11 to about 150mph, but the guy hasn't called back

Checked inc on a list of bikes last week, I put my agent though a work out any time I buy something big like this or like my trans am, I'm more into the strait line/drag racing end of it so the heavy bike like this wouldn't be much issue with me, Rear brakes are the issue with this bike, this one just had it's service in feb, new brakes, tires, all the usuall valve adjustment, exc.

Comment

I was at the track wensday and there was a Busa' doing 9.5's at 160mph, that was stupid quick.

I was mostly looking at 600-750cc bikes but I don't think I could go wrong with this one, I was mainly getting the bike this summer to re learn street riding and get really good at it, because It's a lot different than MX, and than going in next summer and getting a new zx12 or busa', but with this I could just keep this and paint it the color I want and be happy for a long time

Comment

Working...
                                X