No announcement yet.

RacerX and chuckracer I need you help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RacerX and chuckracer I need you help.

[ QUOTE ]
    there was a Busa' doing 9.5's at 160mph, that was stupid quick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it surely was modded fairly heavily; stock Busas do the 1/4 in 9.9 @ 140. That one was probably turboed. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Nope, extened swing arm, cams, big bore kit.
      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

DR not to steal your thread but you may want to know Seattle is back on the supercross tour for next year. Apr.23 Qwest.

Comment

Sweetness, I haven't been to a sx since 95, I'm going to super moto though in portland on the 21st of augest though

Comment

I swear if I was healthy enough to go back to racing, I would forget roadracing and do Supermoto!
            What a riot THAT has to be...backin' er in and dragging pegs on a dirtbike...hell yeah! Sign me up!!

Nice ZX11 Donnie. Good bike.

Comment

I've had a ton of fun racing motocross and local arenacross events. But one ride that stands out to this day was when my best friend in the Navy and I came across a paved gocart track on base (NAS Barbers Point, HI). We both had Yamaha XT 350s. His had taller gearing, and mine had a supertrap exhaust on it. Other than that the bikes were identical. The dot knobbies made for some thrilling corners but we were never an arms distance from each other. If one of us would have washed out we both would have gone down. I would love to run on a true supermoto track. With a real bike, not a heavy underpowered play bike. I'm surprised how many guys are coming out of retire to run supermoto.

Comment

I totally agree, supermoto is the best of both worlds, plus I get to see my 2 favorite riders of all time, Mcgrath and Ward. If you wanted too, with just a tire change you cold go get a 520sx and race Mx one weekend and suppermoto the next, I'm really spurised Jermey left Ktm to go back to the Honda's though.

Comment

I remember when rumors started to fly about Jeremy going back to honda to ride the 450f I laughed. The way they parted company I never thought they would ever get back together. There are rumors floating around now that Jeremy may ride supercross next year for the Moto XXX team. I'm skepital.

Comment

I don't think it's a good Idea, but Jeremy's like Jordan, how can you tell him not to. I'd like to see him take on Reed at Anaheim 1 though.

Comment

Reed is going to have the bike to beat. Next years Yamaha two strokes are finally getting the aluminum frame that they have been tweaking in Japan and Europe for several years. Without gas but with oil 217 lbs. I'm guessing the four stokes will get that frame in 2006.

Comment

No ones's been able to touch the Yz 2 stokes in 4 years, they're the most easy to ride bike in the class. I actually don't care for Honda's aluminum frame bikes so I'm kinda skeptikal about the yz's. My next bike will probally be a Ktm after all my Kx's I've had though.

Comment

I'm hoping they don't struggle with the frame like Honda did. They have been working on it for about 5 years so hopefully they have all of the bugs out of it.
                          My blood runs blue. I have been on Yamahas forever. I have never owned any other brand. If I was to go into the sport bike market like you are now I would buy a Yamaha even if it's not the best for what I would want or need it for.
                          KTM makes some killer bikes. If I was to buy another brand and not racing I would buy the KTM EXC 300 I think it's in the EXC line. Probably the best two stroke on earth.

Comment

I've havent ridden anything other than my Kawi's since I was like 10 so I'm stuck on the Ninjas, but riding all the Kx's it seems they haven't really got better or worse in the past 7 or so years. The 2004 bike feels to me jst like the 98 bike, still a great bike but maybe I'm just getting more praticular in my age??

Comment

The 98 KX was king for a couple of years. The new KX 250F has made alot of money for Kawa maybe they'll spend some of it on updating the two stroke line. Not everyone can blow the four strokes away on a KX 125 like Bubba. The KX 250 hasn't been on the podium all season, part of that is that they really don't have a top rider but some of it at the pro level has to be the bike also.

Comment

Well next year will be Bubba's and The Kx's year to shine and kick ass in the 250 class.

Comment

Working...
                                X